Connect!

Friday, August 14, 2015

Geek in the News: Star Wars Collection from Covergirl

Hey there geekonistas!

So I thought I would forgo my usual review today and talk instead about what seems to be the biggest news in geek beauty this week - The Covergirl Star Wars makeup collection. This collection was first rumored a while ago, but has just this week been officially announced for release in September. It includes lipsticks and nail polishes in a variety of colors and mascaras with different Star Wars quotes on the bottles.


Yeah. This makes me really, really sad. You would think I would be over the moon about a mainstream makeup company producing Star Wars makeup, right? Normally, I would be, but Covergirl is not a cruelty free company. Sadface. This really disappoints me, as Disney has produced makeup before with cruelty free companies like e.l.f. for their beauty books and most recently Wet n' Wild for the "Dare to Dream" collection.

This makeup collection looks like a lot of fun, although the "collect all the mascaras because they have different quotes on them" is a bit dumb to me... I mean mascara goes bad pretty quickly and, to me, just having the quotes on the package isn't a good enough reason to keep them around for display. The lipsticks, however, look like they are going come in some really fun colors. I should really stop looking at them though, I'm just bumming myself out.

I suppose I'm just left to hope that a cruelty free indie company will come out with some Star Wars makeup. Although, with how zealously Disney guards copyright, that's probably unlikely too.

What do you think? Are you going to pick up anything from this collection? (Cruelty free is my personal choice and I would never judge someone for choosing something different. Especially since, ah god, STAR WARS MAKEUP!)

No comments:

Post a Comment