Connect!

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Fortune Cookie Soap Special Soap Box: Zombie Survival Kit!

Hey there geekonistas!

Do you smell that... *inhales deeply* smells like... Halloween! Aw, yeah. It's that time of the year again, and while mainstream companies are already putting out their holiday collections, the indie world is exploding with awesome Halloween treats! I may not be able to review them all, but... it won't be for lack of trying.

And on that note, we have a special edition soap box from Fortune Cookie Soap to kick things off! This box of samples from the upcoming Zombie Collection was only available for purchase for a short time, but don't worry! The full collection launches at 6pm CST on Friday, September 25, so you will still be able to get your hands on these ghoulish goodies. The box was $19.99 and included a code for $10 off my next order.

This is the ultra spooooooky packaging it came in. Notice the bloody handprint and the caution tape! So cute.




When you open the box, the first thing you see is the information card. This contains information about all the products and some usage instructions. Also included was a bandage, presumably for covering up any zombie bite wounds.



The first item that caught my attention was the "Zombie Repellent". This is FCS's version of a spray air freshener. The info card describes the scent as "Rotten apple flesh & mulled fruits decomposing on spicy cinnamon sticks, dusted with brown sugar, muted with black vanilla bean and warm oak." Whew, that's a lot to pack into one spray! This scent is definitely very powerfully spicy - it reminds me of a strong fall potpourri. I like it but it may end up being too intense for me.



Next up we have the Blood Transfusion Body Wash. Okay, this packaging is just the best. I don't know if its going to end up being difficult to use in the shower, but I'm not sure I care. The scent is described as "Rock candy and bloated berries, with a smear of sticky bubble gum." Definitely a very sweet scent, but not overpoweringly so. The scents I can pick up on the most are the bubblegum and berry, making this smell sort of like a berry gum. Definitely not bad.



Moving along, we have "Rule #47" Whipped Cream. Whipped cream is Fortune Cookie Soap's version of a moisturizing cream with a very light, fluffy texture. This scent is described as "Grotesque green apple flesh, oozing with blackened caramel." It smells almost exactly like one of those caramel apple pops you can get around Halloween. Very enjoyable and sweet. The formula is not too greasy and absorbs quickly, with a fairly long lasting scent left behind.




The next item is the "Wound Repair" Salve. The info card describes it as "Lace-like films of cool, white, ice, drizzled with melted chocolate." It also says the salve is good to rub on wounds and also dry knuckles and elbows. I honestly don't know if they are joking about the wounds part? Just to be safe I will probably stick to Neosporin for cuts and save this for my poor crocodile elbows this winter. It smells like a light, minty chocolate to me. The formula has the consistency of a balm that melts on contact with body heat and really delivers moisture and softness to the skin



Pretty much every soap box comes with a mini size OCD hand sanitizer and this one is no exception. This OCD's scent is "Weapon of Choice" and its described as "A splash of white wine distilled with rotting peaches and decayed citrus." I should probably mention, in case you haven't already caught on, that Fortune Cookie Soap is just being cute with their descriptors because it's a Halloween collection, and nothing actually smells rotted or decayed. This one in particular smells like a fruity fresh sangria! I like their OCD formula (though not the name) as its a hand sanitizer that doesn't dry my hands out like crazy.


Next up is this unassuming white block. This is a sample block of FCS's "Steam Me Up Scotty!" line, which are bath bombs that you use in the shower. The hot water and steam are supposed to melt the block, releasing the fragrance. I haven't had a whole lot of luck with these in the past - I find that the scent doesn't throw nearly as strongly as I would like it to, but then again maybe I just don't take hot enough showers. This scent is called "Airborne" and it's supposed to be "Rich, dark coffee swirled with thick caramel and melting chocolate." I can't really detect much of those scents from the block itself (smells mostly powdery), but if they have perfected a strongly scented coffee bomb for the shower? I'm all in.



Still more to go! This is a sample of perfume oil called "Liquid Courage". Can we just talk about this packaging for a minute? I mean, seriously. That's melted wax holding the stopper in. How awesome is that? (Answer: very.) I almost didn't want to open it, but, sigh. It must be done. The information card describes this scent as "Puffy clouds of cotton candy dripping with sticky raspberries, pineapples, and watermelon, all wrapped in the soft embrace of night blooming flowers. Ehhhh I kind of wish I'd left this one sealed. It really doesn't suit my taste at all. To me it smells kind of like a mix between kids chewable vitamins and fabric softener? Probably not a scent I will be purchasing at launch.





And finally, last but certainly not least, the namesake of the company, the Fortune Cookie Soap. This particular soap's scent is "Safe Zone" and it's described as "Mouth watering hotcakes, topped with berries and cream. Oh man. I really want to eat some pancakes with blueberries and whipped cream now. Curse you Fortune Cookie Sooooaaaaaaaaaap! I can definitely pick out the pancake and berry scents here. Together with the "Steam Me Up Scotty!" I could have a whole breakfast in the shower.




Final Thoughts: This box was so much fun! I enjoyed a lot of the scents (even if there were some I didn't) and the packaging was just... to die for. If you will forgive the pun. I am definitely revved up for Halloween now and I might even pick up a few of these products in full size at the launch! (Especially Rule #47 and Safe Zone).

What do you think? Are you interested in any of these scents? What's your favorite zombie film? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment