Connect!

Thursday, December 31, 2015

The Final Blogmas: FanMail box- December 2015 "Toon Time"

Hey there geekonistas!

So 2015 and Blogmas have finally come to an end, and even though both were quite challenging at times, for the most part I really enjoyed them, and I hope you did too! I'll be taking a short break to celebrate the New Year and get some things done that I've been putting off, but I will be back on my regularly scheduled posting day, Monday January 4th.

Today I have for you my hot-out-of-the-mailbox-just-this-minute-arrived Fanmail Box! FanMail is a monthly subscription box "by lady geeks, for lady geeks". It contains geeky/nerdy items and accessories and is usually mailed out at the end of each month. Subscriptions can be purchased either month to month ($21.99 per box) as a 3 month prepay ($63.00 up front, which works out to $21.00 per box), 6 month prepay ($120.00 up front, $20.00 per box) or a 12 month prepay ($228.00 up front, $19.00 per box). A larger tshirt size (2xl-4xl) costs an additional $2.00 per month. These are "true" plus sizes though, not the juniors plus sizes a lot of boxes will try to pass off as plus size.




This month's theme is "Toon Time" and as 'toons are some of my favorite things, you can bet I was pretty excited!

 First up, as usual we have the information card. This gives some tidbits on the this month's theme, plus info on the specific items and a list of new movies, tv series, comics, and games to watch out for! The front of the card this month, rather than being the same as the tshirt as it usually is, is actually the same as the FanMail exclusive "Lumberjanes" comic cover that is also included in the box!


For the first item we have a little bitty Puppycat looking all adorable and angry! I love Bee and Puppycat, so I'm completely enamored with this little guy. He even comes with a hook so you can latch him onto your bag and take him everywhere with you.

So cute. So angry.

Next up is a lip tint from Fictitious Fragrances. This is based off Garnet from "Steven Universe", my absolute favorite cartoon right now. Seriously, if you're not already watching this and you enjoy Sailor Moon, Miyazaki films, Adventure Time, or any one of the above, you are missing out! This lip tint is also really nice - it has a strong blue raspberry scent and just a hint of color. So nice. The Fictitious Fragrances shop is currently on hiatus, but I'm hoping when they come back we can get the rest of the gems in lip tint form!




This is the t shirt for this month. It's Baymax from "Big Hero 6" another of my (and my husband's) favorite animated films! This shirt is just too darn cute, I'm totally wearing it the next time I go to Disneyland. :D


The next item is a cute assortment of buttons including ones from Avatar: The Last Airbender, Adventure Time, Gravity Falls, Bob's Burgers, and one for a book called "The Fangirl's Guide to the Galaxy" by Sam Maggs, which I am now going to have to pick up and read.


And finally, we have issue #21 of "Lumberjanes" with the exclusive FanMail cover featuring the girls with the FanMail logo dragon. I mean.. it's just... too adorbs. This issue starts a new story arc so it's a perfect jumping on point for new fans like me. Who knows, maybe you'll see Lumberjanes in a future monthly favorites post!


That's it for this month's FanMail box! Next month' theme is "Galentines and Valentines" - can't wait to see what's in store! (Hint: there is an exclusive nail wrap from Espionage Cosmetics coming that won't be available anywhere else!!!)

What did you think of this month's box? What is your favorite animated series or movie? Let me know in the comments!

Hope you have a safe, happy and prosperous New Year, and as always, thanks for hanging out!

No comments:

Post a Comment