Connect!

Monday, September 28, 2015

Hello Waffle Cosmetics: September 2015 Visage

Hey there geekonistas!

Have I got a pumpkin-spice flavored treat for you today. Well, not really pumpkin spice flavored, but it's so intensely fall that you might feel like it should be! It's this month's Visage from Hello Waffle Cosmetics!

Visage is a monthly subscription box service from Hello Waffle Cosmetics. It costs $25 a month, plus shipping, and includes a mix of full and sample size items for eyes, lips and face, including one product from a guest indie company. There is currently a wait list to subscribe, which you can join by emailing Hello Waffle.

This month's theme is Hansel and Gretel! Hansel and Gretel is one of my favorite fairy tales because Gretel is just such a bad ass. (Also, I want to live in a gingerbread house.) This month's Visage includes 3 full size loose eye shadow pigments, 1 slimline lip color, and a full size blush from the guest indie company, Baroque Cosmetics. This month's Visage came packaged in a cute white box with a brown ribbon bow, but I didn't photograph it because, well mostly because I forgot, but also because Christine, the owner of Hello Waffle, is going to be changing up the packaging very soon anyway. There is also an information sheet that lists all the products, their values (in USD and Canadian) and their ingredients on the front, with a quick version of the Hansel and Gretel fairy tale on the back, which I thought was a really nice touch. It also contains instructions for a makeup look using all of the products, another well-thought out touch!


Cover Art! <3 <3 <3

The first eye shadow is called "Half Loaf of Bread" and its described as "Candied Orange with green and orange sparkle". I can't seem to pick out the green sparkle that well, but I definitely like the metallic orange look of this one. This is swatched over Geek Chic Cosmetics' Power Up Primer.


Blurred to show sparkle.































The second shadow in the set is called Red Eyes. The info sheet describes this as "Matte burnt brick". Its kind of a cool tone, almost dusty rose color. As usual with Hello Waffle's matte shades, it's exceptionally opaque and smooth. I swatched this pigment on bare skin.



The final eye shadow in the trio is a "Darkened red-brown with green to red shimmer" called "Fires. I really like this shade. Its a complex and shimmery brown without being too glittery. This is swatched over Geek Chic Cosmetics' Power Up Primer.


Blurred for sparklies.
Next up we have the lip color called "Better than Pebbles". This is a pinky-brown color in the tube that, on me at least, pulls a lot pinker when its actually applied. Its a somewhat sheer formula that requires a couple of passes to build opacity. This color is so pretty. I actually had to hunt it down for my review since I had already put it in my purse for a great "everyday" lip color.



And finally, we have this month's guest indie product from Baroque Cosmetics called "Candy Bricks." This is described as a shimmery orange. It looks a little intimidating in the pan but its actually quite a soft and pretty color once it's blended out. Below I have it swatched on primer (left) and then applied with a soft fluffy brush and blended out on the right.

You know what they say.. if it ain't Baroque, don't fix it! Ahahaahahhahah im so sorry


Final Thoughts: I waited a really, really, long time to get off the Visage wait list and I am so glad I did. I love this month's theme and the colors have me longing even harder for fall. Hello Waffle's characteristic quality, care, and stellar customer service make this box a must have for me.

What did you think of this month's box? What's your favorite fairy tale? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment