Connect!

Sunday, May 29, 2016

Shiro Cosmetics Haul

Hey there geekonistas!

As I was going through some of my past posts, I realized I have never done a full review on Shiro Cosmetics! I just recently got a pretty substantial order in from their recent six year anniversary sale, so I thought it would be fun to share that with you, along with my thoughts!



Shiro Cosmetics is a long running indie makeup company that produces vegan, cruelty-free loose eye shadow pigments, blushes, highlighters, bronzers, contour powders, and lip products. They also stock products from brands like Detrivore, Femme Fatale, Sayuri, Bettie Pain, Ms. Sparkle and Victorian Disco on their site.

Shiro's tagline is "Hand-crafted makeup and geekery" and they definitely live up to both sides of that phrase with collections based on geek and pop culture phenomenons such as Pokemon, Adventure Time, The Hobbit, Harry Potter, The Avengers, and more.

One of the really cool features of Shiro are the custom lip glosses. Shiro allows you to choose any lip safe eyeshadow or blush pigment on their site (with a few exceptions) and they will blend it into a base for you. You can choose sheer, moderate, or opaque coverage, and for an extra dollar you can pick a custom flavor as well. I haven't taken advantage of this service yet, but it's definitely something I am keeping in mind for the future.

The prices are reasonable for an indie makeup company -I paid $6.50 for each full size jar of loose eye shadow pigment (2.0 grams), $3.75 for a 1 gram "Mini jar", $9.00 for a full size blush (20 grams) and $10.00 for the lip gloss (15 ml). As I mentioned, I did order during a sale so I got a free gift with purchase eye shadow ("Huge Six-cess") and 25% off the rest of my order.

Let's check out what I got! First up I have all the blue shadows (and a highlighter)!


First we have "Moon Prism Power", a cream base with a strong green sheen and gold sparkles. It's really hard to capture the beauty of this one! It was actually a color of the month in September 2012, but it proved to be so popular that it was made permanent.




"Huge Six-cess" is a color created for Shiro's six year anniversary. This is a gorgeous blue-green base with a gold shift. This one is very pigmented and lovely!




Next is another Color of the Month, this one for April 2016. Based on Tina from "Bob's Burgers" (another show I am supposed to watch!) "Erotic Friend Fiction" is a dark sky blue with a slight pink shift and pink and blue glitter.


Well, being the Whovian I am,  when I saw there was a shadow named "TARDIS", I just had to order it, right? "TARDIS" was another popular Color of the Month that became permanent and it's a bright TARDIS blue with purple and green sparkles.



So apparently all the shadows I ordered were pink or blue. I guess that says something about my preferences!



"No More" is from this year's Valentines Day collection and it's a shell pink with a pink sheen. This is another one that is difficult to capture on camera but it almost seems to glow!


"I Tried" is a beautiful, amazing, gorgeous rose gold. I cannot get over how lovely and pigmented this shade is!

I ordered two shadows from the Algebraic Collection (based on Adventure Time) and the first is "You Want These Lumps", reflecting Lumpy Space Princess' sassy personality. It's a soft lilac shade with a ton of gold glitter. Just how LSP would want it.


And lastly, we have "We've Got Science!" Bubblegum Princess' color. This is a pretty deep pink, again with gold glitter.



For the blush I just had to get "Senpai Noticed Me" for the lid art alone. Luckily, the blush itself is also gorgeous, a soft pink with a slight lavender shift that looks very natural when blended out, or can easily be built up for a more dramatic look.



And finally, we have the lip gloss. This is part of the Harry Potter inspired "Marauders, Mugwumps and Muggles" collection. It's looks amber in the tube (and check out the foaming "head" of glitter!) but it applies pretty clear. And of course it has a delicious butterbeer scent!



Final Round Up: I've been a fan of Shiro for a while now (they have the geekery/makeup theme nailed!) and they are definitely a company I recommend. The products are fun and high quality, and the customer service is top notch. I had a small problem when my order arrived (Moon Prism Power was missing) but I emailed them and received an excellently prompt and satisfying resolution. I would absolutely recommend you check them out!

Until next time, thanks for hanging out!


3 comments:

  1. I Tried is my #1 eyeshadow, period! I've gone thru 3 or 4 full sized pots.

    I also have Moon Prism Power and really like it.

    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Tried is my #1 eyeshadow, period! I've gone thru 3 or 4 full sized pots.

    I also have Moon Prism Power and really like it.

    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Tried is a really gorgeous color! Of course, as Sailor Moon fans we HAVE to love Moon Prism Power, right? ^_^

      Delete