Connect!

Friday, May 27, 2016

FanMail : May 2016 "Magical Mystery"

Hey there geekonistas!

Oh no, a late post again! I apologize, my schedule at work has shifted significantly so my time management is a little rocky right now. I may end up switching posting days at some point, but I will still be sticking to the two posts a week schedule!



Today I have this month's FanMail box to share with you! FanMail is a monthly subscription box "by lady geeks, for lady geeks". It contains geeky/nerdy items and accessories and is usually mailed out at the end of each month. Subscriptions can be purchased either month to month ($21.99 per box) as a 3 month prepay ($63.00 up front, which works out to $21.00 per box), 6 month prepay ($120.00 up front, $20.00 per box) or a 12 month prepay ($228.00 up front, $19.00 per box). A larger tshirt size (2xl-4xl) costs an additional $2.00 per month. These are "true" plus sizes though, not the juniors plus sizes a lot of boxes will try to pass off as plus size.

This month the theme is "Magical Mystery" and it contains a lot of great stuff, so let's get started!

As usual, the information card contains an adorable print on one side (Studio Ghibli themed this month!) and information about the items, plus upcoming movies, tv, games, comics, etc.


The t-shirt this month is exclusive to the FanMail box. It's apparently from the tv show "Charmed" which I've never actually seen? The shirt has kind of a cool retro vibe to it with neon pink and blue colors.


The next item is one I could smell before I even opened the box! It's a "Pie Hole" Apple Pie scented soy candle, based on the show "Pushing Daisies". A great show lost far, far too soon. Sniffle.
The candle smells delightful, very cinnamony and delicious. I can't wait to see how powerful the scent will be when I light it!



There were a couple reading materials included this month. The first being a sneak peak of a novel called "Julia Vanishes" by Catherine Egan, and the other being issue #1 of the Penny Dreadful comic based on the show! My husband was really excited to see this and is looking forward to reading it. We don't watch the show, even though it sounds like something we would enjoy, only because we don't actually get Showtime.




















Next up is this cute "Pocket Pop" of Hermione Granger. This is a little big for a keychain for me, but it might be fun to hang off a backpack or tote bag!



The jewelry this month came in this adorable purple bag that says "Once upon a time". Appropriate, since the necklace inside is a necklace featuring the chipped teacup from the "Once Upon a Time" version of the Beauty and the Beast story. It's actually quite a heavy piece!


And rounding out the whimsical fun is this cute Peter Pan temporary tattoo. I like the art style on this, it almost reminds me of Adventure Time. The text says "Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning."



Final Thoughts: As usual, I enjoyed the range of items/fandoms enclosed in the box! My favorite item is definitely the candle - I can never have enough candles and this one smells divine! The theme for next month is "Anniversary", since it's FanMail's one year anniversary. Congratulations to them!

What did you think of this month's FanMail box? Do you have a favorite show that was cancelled too soon? (*sniff* Firefly, Pushing Daisies *sniff*) Let me know in the comments!

And until next time, thanks for hanging out!

No comments:

Post a Comment