Connect!

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Glamour Doll Eyes OTM: May 2016

Hey there geekonistas!

This is turning out to be a great season for duochromes! There was Notoriously Morbid's Vanishing Cabinet last month, full of duochrome goodness, then they released one of the absolute coolest duochromes I've seen in awhile as part of their State of Fear collection (Check out "Spring-Heeled Jack on my Instagram)... at least until I saw the duochromes that came in this month's Glamour Doll Eyes OTM!




In case you are unfamiliar, Glamour Doll Eyes is a cruelty-free, indie company that produces loose and pressed eye shadow pigments, blushes, and lip products. The OTM service costs $11.00 per month to the U.S., $18.00 per month to Canada, and $22.00 internationally (all of these prices include shipping), and includes at least one eye shadow, plus another product. There is a different theme to the OTM each month, and any extras can be purchased on the GDE site once all of the subscriptions have been mailed out. (Be warned though, they go fast!) To get the subscription, you must email the owner to get onto the waitlist. The waitlist lasts one year and is reset in January. (Which is how I managed to snag one!)


This month the theme is "Duochrome" (although I will probably continue to refer to it as "Dynamic Duos") and it contains two loose eyeshadow pigments, a pressed "all over" powder, two lip products from guest indie, AFK Cosmetics, plus a pack of "Doublemint" gum. (Get it? Haha) There is also an information card with descriptions of each product. For this box I swatched each pigment over Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy. Pixie Epoxy is a stickier surface than my usual Power Up Primer, so it really allows the duochrome nature of the pigments to shine. The Pressed Powder is swatched on bare skin.

First up we have the color "Forever Alone". This loose eyeshadow pigment is described as an "ivory base with a green and gold shift". This will make a spectacular inner corner highlight!



The next color is "Doppleganger", and it took my breath away the first time I used it! It's a "matte green base with a copper to purple shift" that just looks like cotton candy unicorn sparkle goodness.



The "Multipurpose Pressed Powder" is a most generous addition to this month's OTM. Hand pressing products takes so much time and effort, and the packaging is on this is great as well, in a cute little compact with included mirror.  This particular powder seems best as a highlighter - it's a "soft pinky peach with golden sparkle", called "Gemini".



Next up we have the lip products from AFK Cosmetics. The first is called "The Hero Our Lips Deserve" and it is a "creamy, dark raspberry with a gentle blue-violet sheen".



The next is a more natural shade called "Robin the Balm Wonder". The card describes this one as "A light and springy apricot neutral with a shimmery finish".




For the look, I wanted something simple that would allow Doppleganger to really shine. I started by priming with my usual Urban Decay Primer Potion, then set that with a skin tone colored shadow. I deepened my crease with "Anaheim" from the Gwen Stefani Urban Decay Palette (A cool grey tone).
I used Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy on my lid and then gently patted Doppleganger over the top, blending it up into the crease. I highlighted under my brow and my inner corner with Forever Alone, then lined my eyes with Kat Von D's Tattoo liner in Trooper. For my lower lashline I used a damp angle brush dipped into Doppleganger. I topped up my lashes with Charlotte Tilbury's Full Fat Lashes and I was done with the eyes!

For the face I used Urban Decay's One and Done, set with the Urban Decay Naked Skin Powder Foundation. For blush I used "Senpai Noticed Me!" from Shiro Cosmetics and then highlighted my cheekbones with Gemini. Since my eyes were so bright I elected to use the more natural "Robin the Balm Wonder" on my lips.

Forgot to take my glasses off, too. 
Final Thoughts: I had a ton of fun playing around with this month's OTM, and I am very happy with the value of the products received! I can't wait to see what Glamour Doll Eyes comes out with next month!

What did you think of this month's OTM? Are you as duochrome crazy as I am? Let me know in the comments!

And as always, thanks for hanging out!

No comments:

Post a Comment