Connect!

Monday, May 9, 2016

Fortune Cookie Soap 2016 Summer Box: Just Keep Swimming!

Hey there geekonistas!

Wow, does time fly! It seems like I just reviewed the Spring soap box a couple days ago, and here I am at the Summer box already! To be honest, I thought I had cancelled this subscription, so it was a bit of a surprise when it showed up on my doorstep. A surprise in the best way, however, since I absolutely love all of the scents included this month, and I don't need to tell you how rare that is.




In case you aren't familiar with the Fortune Cookie Soap Boxes, they are a way to sample upcoming Fortune Cookie Soap collections before they are launched on the website. The cost is $19.99 per box, including shipping to the U.S. The boxes come out quarterly and include sample sizes of bath and body products, plus a $10 code to use on the Fortune Cookie website. Fortune Cookie scent collections are all limited edition and often sell out quickly. This particular collection will be available on the Fortune Cookie Soap website starting on May 20th.


As always when I review scent based products, I feel like I need a small disclaimer - scents are an incredibly personal thing, and some that I enjoy, you might not, and vice versa. This box in particular, called "Just Keep Swimming" (Finding Nemo/Dory themed) is filled with super sweet tropical scents which happen to be a personal favorite, but I know some people dislike intensely.


With that out of the way, let's "dive" on in! (SEA what I did there?)  As usual, the included card contains information on each product and its use, plus notes for each scent.


The first item out of the box is this "Aqua Scum" scented Spray Lotion. This is a body lotion in spray format for easier application. The notes are described as lychee, apple, and peach nectar, but I also feel like there is a musky undertone to it as well


Next up is the usual mini size OCD Hand Sanitizer (Love the formula, hate the name). The scent is described as pear, apple, plum blossom, sandalwood, and amber. It's a bright blue color with little tiny flecks of glitter in it - enough to be pretty without leaving your hands coated in sparkles.


This is the "Fin. Noggin. Duuude." pedi-bomb. Though this is supposed to be in the shape of a turtle, ironically enough mine arrived... Crushed. The scent is lemon-lime with orchid and white chocolate. Kind of an unusual combination, but it actually works really well together.


The next product is one of my favorite scents that came in the box. This Whipped Cream (FCS' version of a body lotion with a thick, whipped texture) is in the scent "Intervention" and it smells just like a Pina Colada. Delicious.


Next up is my actual favorite scent, "Jelly Man". This cute jelly soap has a black cherry, watermelon, guava, strawberry, and key lime scent. It literally smells good enough to eat. Plus the wobbly jelly is fun to play with in the shower!


The spray perfume oil included is called "Whale Talk" and it's a lovely and refreshing scent, with strawberry, black currant, jasmine, grapefruit and avocado (!) notes. I have to say, I don't think I've smelled avocado in a perfume before, but it seems to lend a nice, creamy note.


This box brought a new-to-me product from FCS, a lip gloss in the... scent? Flavor? "Ooooooooh...Barracuda". This pale pink gloss with sparkles is super sheer and doesn't impart any color to the lips, but the combination of cantaloupe, honeydew, watermelon, lime and raw cane sugar will surely bring a smile to them. I only wish this was in a tube for easy application. I hate having to use lip brushes and that's just not convenient on the go; plus it's just a little too goopy to use with my fingers.


And of course, as in every box we have the Fortune Cookie Soap's namesake product. In this box, the scent is "Shark Bait", and the notes of orange, vanilla, sandalwood and strawberries smell a bit like a creamsicle taken to the next level. Plus the soap itself is really cute, bright orange with little clownfish stripes.


Final Thoughts: Welp, I am acutely glad I didn't cancel this box. Not only were the scents awesome (and I might need to pick up a few when the collection launches), it actually came at the exact moment I needed a real pick-me-up. Now I feel like I have launched full scale into summer mode and all the wonderful things that come with it. Bring on the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment