Connect!

Monday, June 6, 2016

Geek Chic Cosmetics: "I'm Not Cute" Collection

Hey there geekonistas!

Ever feel like your life is going nowhere? Then, one day, you find a strange looking creature with gigantic angry eyebrows that only talks in musical notes on the street and suddenly, things start to get weird? Like really weird? Now you're working for an interstellar temp agency and doing all these REALLY odd jobs while still trying to keep somewhat of a normal life together! If that describes you, then you have a lot in common with Bee, the main (human) character of "Bee and Puppycat", and this collection I have to share with you today is entirely suited to your world.


This is the latest collection from Geek Chic Cosmetics! It's called "I'm Not Cute" and, obviously, it's based on "Bee and Puppycat". I'm a pretty big fan of the show and comic (new episodes when???) so I was pretty excited to get this collection!

I ordered early, so I got the special edition set with all six shadows and the collectible tin. Unfortunately, that set isn't available anymore, but you can still order each of the individual colors on Geek Chic's website.

If I ever stop ordering the special edition packaging, just assume I've been taken over by a pod person. 

Puppycat is unimpressed... But then... when is Puppycat ever impressed?

This is a collection of six loose eye shadow pigments, all soft pastels that perfectly capture the look of the Bee and Puppycat world. As usual, all shadows are swatched over Geek Chic Cosmetics' Power Up Primer.



 First up we have "Poo Monster". Despite the gross name, "Poo Monster" is actually quite pretty, a medium brown with an orange sheen and bronze sparkles. 


Next up we have "Crotch Ice", because who among us has never accidentally whacked someone of the opposite sex in the crotch? Just me? Okay then. "Crotch Ice" is a cool blue with a pinky sheen and pink sparkles.


This next one is my personal favorite for the name alone. It's called "Cleavage??" and it's pastel pink with a light blue sheen. Kind of the opposite of "Crotch Ice". As a side note, everytime my husband or I spot a crab while we are together, one of us always has to yell out "Cleavage?"


"Now Ya Candy's Gone!" is a soft lilac shade with a pink sheen and and gold and green glitter.


Don't worry, "Sad Space Fish", Bee and Puppycat will take care of you! Wait.. Wallace... is.. is that you? AAAAAAAUUUUGH!
"Sad Space Fish" is my favorite color out of the bunch. It's a soft blue-green with a gold sheen and gold sparkles.


The final color in the collection is "2 Cute 2  Poot", which is a pale ivory base with an orange-y shift and gold sparkles. This makes a gorgeous highlighter!



 So for the look I obviously needed to do something cute and pastel themed. I started by priming my eye as usual, then setting the primer with an eyeshadow the same tone as my skin.
I then used a Nyx Jumbo Pencil in "Milk" to create a white base to allow the pastel colors to show up better. On the inner half of my lid I patted "Sad Space Fish" with a flat brush.
I used "Crotch Ice", also on a flat brush, on the outer half of my lid and then took it up into the crease.
I blended out the edge of "Crotch Ice" with "Cleavage??" to create a rosy glow.
Then I highlighted my browbone and inner corner with "2 Cute 2 Poot".
For my liner I used my Kat Von D tattoo liner in "Trooper" to draw the wing, then foiled "Now Ya Candy's Gone!" with Darling Girl's Superstar Serum and traced it along the bottom of the wing and the lower lashline.
I used a Nyx retractable eye pencil in "Purple" on my upper and lower waterline, then gave my lashes a couple of coats of Charlotte Tilbury's "Full Fat Lashes" mascara.


For the brows, I used the Darling Girl Cosmetics' Ka-BROW clear brow gel, then the powder in "Mae". For foundation I used Charlotte Tilbury's Magic Foundation in 01 Fair. The blush is "Senpai Noticed Me" from Shiro Cosmetics, with "Cleavage??" as a highlighter along the tops of my cheekbones. For lipstick I chose Urban Decay's Sheer Anarchy, then patted "Cleavage??" on top of that as well.


Final Thoughts: This collection definitely captures the spirit of "Bee and Puppycat"! The pastel colors are cool, though I think I will get more use out of them in the spring rather than summer when I tend to prefer brighter, more saturated hues. But that's just personal preference. Overall, I have to say I really liked it and I will definitely be playing with it some more!

What did you think of the collection? Are you a "Bee and Puppycat" fan? Let me know in the comments!

Thanks for hanging out!






3 comments:

  1. Love this review! The pastels in this collection are stunning.

    The names crack me up. It's already awkward enough when someone asks me what I'm wearing and I say, "It's called Nick Cage Raking Leaves on a Brisk October Afternoon." I can't imagine answering with, "Cleavage??"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahah, I know, right? I have the same problem when I wear My Pretty Zombie shadows. "Oh, this? It's called "Everything Looks Better on a Meat Hook!"

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete