Connect!

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Notoriously Morbid Vanishing Cabinet: "Killer Candy" - June 2016

Hey there geekonistas!

My apologies for the lack of a post on Monday! I am back today, bringing you another awesome indie makeup subscription box! I don't have an eye look for this one yet, but I promise I will make a separate post for that this weekend.

Today we're looking at the Notoriously Morbid Vanishing Cabinet for June! The Notoriously Morbid Vanishing Cabinet is a monthly subscription service that includes a number of mini sized loose eye shadow pigments (anywhere from 4-6)  and/or lip and other bonus products, sometimes including a guest product from another indie company, all created around a specific theme such as a movie, book, or fandom. It costs $12.90 per month including shipping. There is currently a wait list to get the subscription which you can join by emailing Notoriously Morbid, and sometimes you can catch one time "trial" subscriptions (good for that month only) on the website.



This month the theme is "Killer Candy", based on the movie "Jawbreaker" from the 90's. Alas, I have to say this is another cult classic that I've never seen. That doesn't stop me from enjoying the products this month though! The colors are, to steal a phrase from Tom Waits, like "electric sugar". This month includes three loose eye shadow pigments, a new debut product from Notoriously Morbid, and an information card with blurbs about each product, plus a code good for 20% off the next purchase at Notoriously Morbid. Also, of course, the candy this month had to be a Jawbreaker.


The first color up this month is called "Extra Fancy". This is a gorgeous rose gold shade with a gold sheen.


Next we have "Demented", an icy lime green with a gold sheen and gold sparkles. I don't think I have anything quite like it in my collection - Definitely an unusual color but I find it so pretty!


The final pigment is called "Satan in Heels" and it's a pale purple with a gorgeous red sheen and red sparkles. I have many purples in my collection but this one is quite vibrant.


The new product this month is a lip scrub! As mentioned on the card, a lot of Mystic Mattes (NM's liquid to matte lipstick formula) are making their way into the Vanishing Cabinet, so a lip scrub only makes sense to help prep the lips. This one is called "Peachy ******* Keen", and it has a peach, pineapple and tangerine scent/flavor. The scent/flavor on this is really nice, and it does a great job at scrubbing and hydrating the lips. Plus I thought the colored sugar crystals sprinkled throughout were a fun touch.



Final thoughts: As I mentioned earlier, I will post an eye look this weekend, but so far I have to say I'm really digging this month's Vanishing Cabinet! I love the bright, unique colors and I feel like the quality of the shadows is really good this month as well.

What do you think of this month's Vanishing Cabinet? Have you seen "Jawbreaker"? Is it yet another thing I'm really missing out on? Let me know in the comments!

And until next time, thanks for hanging out!

No comments:

Post a Comment