Connect!

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Glamour Doll Eyes : OTM June 2016

Hey there geekonistas!

Happy almost Friday to you! I hope you're all having a great week so far. I know I am, because all of my indie makeup subscriptions have arrived between yesterday and today! So let's get to it and start checking them out!



First up is my Glamour Doll Eyes OTM. In case you are unfamiliar, Glamour Doll Eyes is a cruelty-free, indie company that produces loose and pressed eye shadow pigments, blushes, and lip products. The OTM service costs $11.00 per month to the U.S., $18.00 per month to Canada, and $22.00 internationally (all of these prices include shipping), and includes at least one eye shadow, plus another product. There is a different theme to the OTM each month, and any extras can be purchased on the GDE site once all of the subscriptions have been mailed out. (Be warned though, they go fast!) To get the subscription, you must email the owner to get onto the waitlist. The waitlist lasts one year and is reset in January. (Which is how I managed to snag one!)


The theme this month is based on the "How to Get Away with Murder" TV show. I don't watch this show so, unfortunately the references and such will go right over my head. The subscription includes one loose eyeshadow pigment, one tube of glitter, and a Lip Tint from guest indie Kiss My Sass Cosmetics, plus an information card detailing each product and some candy.


The loose pigment is called "Waitlist" and it is described as a "Shimmery metallic gold + aqua and red sparkle". It's definitely very sparkly, that's for sure! I would almost categorize this as a second glitter!



The loose (cosmetic grade) glitter is called "Confidant" and it is described as being a "Black base with hints of brown, silver, and subtle specks of pink". I'd call that a pretty accurate description. Yes, I swatched it for you, even though you all know how I feel about loose glitter. >_< I put this and the last one over Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy rather than my usual Geek Chic Power Up Primer because it is stickier and helps the glitter adhere better.



And finally we have the lip tint from this month's guest indie, Kiss My Sass Cosmetics. This one is called "I Call it Winning" and it's a very, very sheer berry color.


Final Thoughts: Unfortunately, this month is kind of a wash for me personally - definitely not due to the quality of the products, they are superb as usual - just more because most of these are products I won't personally end up using. I use glitter maybe once in a blue moon and sheer lip tints aren't really my bag either, though this is a really nice one for summer that I may make an effort to use. Add that to the fact that I'm not interested in the show the theme is based around... But, oh well! That's the "mystery" part of the mystery subscription boxes, right? If you ARE a fan of the show or you will get use out of these kinds of products, I definitely have no reservations recommending them!

What did you think of this month's OTM? Are you a fan of the show? Am I missing out? Let me know in the comments!

And until next time, thanks for hanging out!

No comments:

Post a Comment