Connect!

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Notoriously Morbid: Tribute Trios No. 5 - sTories

Hey there geekonistas!

I'm back! Not up to 100% health yet, but I just got in something awesome (and small), that I really wanted to share with you, so I thought now would be a good time to try to get back into it!

Sometimes, I swear, the owners of Notoriously Morbid have a hotline directly into the music of my adolescence. First it was the Rob Zombie and Nine Inch Nails Tribute Trios, and now, an amazing trio dedicated to the one and only Tori Amos. When I talk about background music to my life, Tori Amos is definitely one of the top contenders. Little Earthquakes was the first album I ever listened to that I was absolutely hooked on from the beginning of the first song, and it's also one of the few that I have never seemed to grow out of. Since then I have collected almost every album and single she has produced as she continues to be a formidable force both in the music world and in my personal life.





So, of COURSE, when NM released the limited edition sTories Tribute Trio, I snapped that collection up so fast it made the servers dizzy! This trio includes two loose eyeshadow pigments, and, new to the tribute trio format, a solid perfume. Unfortunately, this collection is currently sold out, but, as per usual with NM products, there is a possibility of these coming back at some point in the future, so if you fall in love with these colors like I did, make sure to keep an eye out!


First up is the color "Power of Orange Knickers" from her song of the same name from her album "The Beekeeper" (One of my favs!) As the name suggests this is a lovely medium orange shade with tons of orange sparkles and a kind of purply base- though that is hard to see through the intense orange sheen.


The other loose shadow in the collection is called "Raisin Girl" from the song "Cornflake Girl" from her "Under the Pink" album. This is a gorgeous glowy raisin purple that I am just in love with.


And the final item in the collection is the solid perfume, "Snow Cherries From France" is named for a song off the "Gold Dust" album. Ah, guys, I failed here. I neglected to write down the fragrance notes for the perfume when the trio was up on the site and I am absolute rubbish at picking out notes on my own so I guess I will just say this smells really good? It's got a very fresh, almost piney scent.


Final Thoughts: I think it's probably obvious how much I like this collection. The only thing I'm sad about is that there are only three items in it! Well, maybe there will be a sequel. I will just have to be content with this awesomeness until then.

What do you think of this trio? Did you manage to get your hands on it while it was in stock? Let me know in the comments!

And as always, thanks for hanging out!

No comments:

Post a Comment