Connect!

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Notoriously Morbid Vanishing Cabinet: "Stronger Than Death" February 2016

Hey there geekonistas!

I have dragged myself out of the depths of recovering from probably the worst case of bronchitis I have ever experienced to bring you today's post. Appropriately enough, it is from Notoriously Morbid and is titled "Stronger than Death". Which is how I feel. Barely.

The Notoriously Morbid Vanishing Cabinet is a monthly subscription service that includes a number of mini sized loose eye shadow pigments (anywhere from 4-6)  and/or lip and other bonus products, sometimes including a guest product from another indie company, all created around a specific theme such as a movie, book, or fandom. It costs $12.90 per month including shipping. There is currently a wait list to get the subscription which you can join by emailing Notoriously Morbid, and sometimes you can catch one time "trial" subscriptions (good for that month only) on the website.




As I mentioned before, this month's theme is "Stronger than Death", and it is based off the Francis Ford Coppola version of Dracula, which, incidentally, was the first film based on Dracula that I ever saw. The subscription this month includes two loose eye shadow pigments, a loose highlighter pigment, and a mini lip color. The information sheet, which describes each of the products, also includes a code for one free full size shadow with my next Notoriously Morbid Order. I believe there was also a candy included but I ate it. *shrug*


The lip color included this month is called "Kiss Me" and it's a deep, dark red, perfect for a vampiric theme. The lipstick is very soft, smooth, creamy, and VERY pigmented, so it definitely leaves behind a stain. (Let's just say it's a good thing I have two arms to swatch on!) My only complaint is that this tube isn't going to last long... I vant more! Luckily, this color is going to become part of Notoriously Morbid's permanent line later this year.


Next up we have the two loose eye shadow pigments. As usual, these are both swatched over Geek Chic Cosmetics' Power Up Primer.


The first is called "Love What You Love" and it's a nice deep green base with a lighter green sheen to it. Unfortunately, as you can see from the picture below, even the new addition of sifters didn't keep my jar from leaking and getting messy in transit. A minor pain, but not a huge deal.


The second loose eyeshadow pigment is called "See Me Now" and it's a midtone gray with a red sheen to it. This is a nice color, but it's a very close dupe for "Durango 95" from the Rob Zombie "Sinister Set" Tribute Trio, only a little cooler in tone. The good news is that if you missed out on the Sinister Set (it was limited edition) you can still pick up this color when the Vanishing Cabinet overstock goes up on the site!


Durango 95 - left                           See Me Now - Right
Finally, we have "My Beloved", a gorgeous pink toned highlighter. I really like this one! It has a nice subtlety to it, but you can build it up into a pretty striking highlight if you so desire.

Left - Full Strength     Right - Blended out

Final thoughts: I liked the variety of products in this month's Vanishing Cabinet. Even though the colors are close to a lot of the colors I already have in my collection, that's pretty easy to do since I have a fairly large collection. The hint for next month is "Why are you wearing that stupid bunny suit?", which to me says "Donnie Darko" - kind of a twisted Easter Bunny, I suppose?

So what do you think of this month's Vanishing Cabinet? Are you a Dracula fan? Let me know in the comments!

Thanks for hanging out!

No comments:

Post a Comment