Connect!

Monday, August 29, 2016

Notoriously Morbid : Vanishing Cabinet August 2016 "Perfect Day"

Hey there geekonistas!


I usually try not to be snarky, because I truly believe the world is a better place when you put out positive energy instead of negative. However, today I have had enough of something and I really need to make my displeasure known. Can we PLEASE stop saying that things make people's eyes "pop"? It just... it just sounds so dang disturbing! I just can't stop picturing beauty gurus with their eyeballs rolling around on the floor and its horrible and funny at the same time and makes me feel like a terrible human being. So please, save me from being just the worst and let's.. stop.

To put myself back into the realm of the sane.. well, almost sane, let's take a look at this months Vanishing Cabinet, shall we? The Notoriously Morbid Vanishing Cabinet is a monthly subscription service that includes a number of mini sized loose eye shadow pigments, lip and other bonus products, all created around a specific theme such as a movie, book, or fandom. It costs $12.90 per month including shipping.There is usually a wait list to get a subscription, but the wait list has been temporarily disabled prior to some sort of event and announcement on September 3rd.

Notoriously Morbid Vanishing Cabinet August 2016 Legally Blonde Perfect Day

This month the theme is "Perfect Day", based on the movie "Legally Blonde". I've seen the movie but I'm not that familiar with it, so please forgive me if I miss any cool references!  The VC this month contains two loose eye shadow pigments, a lip product and a solid perfume. Let's check it out! As usual, loose pigments are swatched over Geek Chic Cosmetics Power Up Primer.

The first eye shadow this month is called "Walking Felony", and its a super shock bright pink with pink and purple sparkles.

Frigid B*tch Loose Eyeshadow pigment
Pink shimmer loose eyeshadow pigment swatch fair skin

The other eye shadow this month is a complementary shade called "Frigid B*tch", a grey taupe base with a blue sheen and blue sparkles.

Loose eyeshadow pigment jar
taupe eyeshadow pigment blue sheen swatch fair skin
This month included a solid perfume scent as well. It's called "Bonds of Sisterhood" and the information card describes it as "a light and sweet scent with soft citrus and berry notes, a touch of butterscotch, and faint hints of amber, black pepper, and patchouli". Unfortunately, this scent is just not for me. It just smells too powdery for my taste.

Solid perfume jar

Finally we have the treasure of this month's VC. This is a full size Mystic Matte (NM's liquid to matte lipstick) in "Bend & Snap", a very peachy leaning pink shade. I really love this color a lot and of course, Notoriously Morbid creates my favorite liquid to matte formula - stays all day without making my lips feel dried out. This color stains the skin pretty badly, but personally I consider that to be a feature rather than a bug when it comes to lip products.

Bend and Snap Liquid Lipstick Mystic Matte
Bend & Snap Liquid Lipstick Mystic Matte swatch fair skin
After using makeup remover


 And that's it for this month's Vanishing Cabinet! What did you think of the colors? Let me know in the comments!

Until next time, thanks for hanging out!


No comments:

Post a Comment