Connect!

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Hello Waffe : Visage - September 2016

Hey there geekonistas!

Woohoo! I'm leaving on vacation tomorrow to Disney World and I am so excited! I'm going to be on vacation mode so there will be no posts next week, but if you want to see what I'm up to you can always check out my Instagram, I'll be posting lots of pics! But before that, I promised that my Hello Waffle Visage review would not be late this month, so I wanted to make sure I share it with you before I leave.

Hello Waffle Visage September 2016 Robin Hood Indie makeup subscription


In case you are unfamiliar, Visage is a monthly subscription box service from Hello Waffle Cosmetics. It costs $25 a month, plus shipping, and includes a mix of full and sample size items for eyes, lips and face, including one product from a guest indie company. Each Visage is supposed to contain products to create one full face look. I believe the wait list right now is very small to non-existant, so it's a good time to sign up! Since the shop is currently on hiatus there won't be any overstock available until it reopens.

This month the theme is Robin Hood, and contains three full size loose eyeshadow pigments, one loose blush, and one lipstick described as "rustic neutrals", plus the usual information sheet talking about each item and providing instructions for a "look" that uses each item. Let's check it out!

Indie makeup loose eyeshadow pigments blush lipstick review


 The first product I want to talk about this month is this blush. It's called "Marion" and it's just.... unf. So pretty. The info sheet describes it as a neutral dusty mauve with a satin finish and the gorgeousness just does not stop.

Hello Waffle Marion loose blush
Hello Waffle Marion Loose blush swatch pale skin
Left - Full Strength  Right - Blended Out


 The first of the three eyeshadows this month is called "From the Rich to the Poor". When I first looked at the set I was like "Where's the green? You can't have a Robin Hood Theme without green!" Then I swatched this shadow and the next one and understanding dawned. This shadow features an ivory base with a pale spring green duochrome.

Hello waffle From the rich to the poor loose eyeshadow

hello waffle from the rich to the poor eyeshadow swatch pale skin
Natural Light
Incandescent/LED light


 Next up is the shade "A Band of Merry Men", which the info sheet describes quite poetically as a "Honeyed ochre with a strong green shift". Swatching it over a sticky base, as it is here, greatly intensifies the green shift.

hello waffle band of merry men eyeshadow
hello waffle band of merry men eyeshadow swatch fair skin


 And finally, we have a matte shade this month. This one is called "A Good Outlaw" and its a medium brown with a reddish base. It looks a little darker in the photo below than it actually is because I swatched it over a sticky base.

hello waffle a good outlaw shadow
hello waffle a good outlaw eyeshadow swatch fair skin

 The final product this month is one that apparently caused the owner of Hello Waffle a bit of stress! She's taken over the formula from Howl lipsticks and is currently working on integrating it into her own line, which is super exciting! Unfortunately, even though the formula is good, she had some trouble making it into actual bullets so she had to make some in slimline tubes as well. Those who received a slimline tube in this month's Visage also got a coupon for 25% off their Howl purchase when Hello Waffle reopens, so that's not a bad deal. I volunteered to get a slimline in my box because one, they're easier to store and two, coupon! In any case, this color is  called "Will Scarlet" and its a very deep brown-red. The amazing opacity you see here was just ONE swipe of the tube!

hello waffle howl cosmetics will scarlet lipstick
hello waffle howl cosmetics lipstick will scarlet swatch fair skin
One. Swipe.


For the look this month I basically just followed along with the suggested look from the info sheet - After priming and setting my eye, I used "A Good Outlaw" in my crease, blending it out a little with the peach shade from the Kat Von D Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette because I am not so good at blending. On my lid I used "A Band of Merry Men" over Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy (a sticky base) to really bring out the green. I used "From the Rich to the Poor" as an inner corner highlight and lined my lower lashline with a dark brown shade that I blended out a bit with "A Good Outlaw".



Final Thoughts: As usual, I enjoyed the quality of all the Hello Waffle products! I really appreciate that the Visage's colors are all meant to go together - getting random colors in other subscriptions is fun, but sometimes I just wanna let someone else do the work, you know?

What did you think of this month's Visage? What's your favorite iteration of the Robin Hood legend? Mine is "Men in Tights" but then I have a weird sense of humor. Let me know in the comments and until next time,

Thanks for hanging out!


No comments:

Post a Comment