Connect!

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Darling Girl "Wicked is Coming" Collection

Hey there geekonistas!

I'm back again with another geeky makeup collection review! This time we're taking a look at the Darling Girl Cosmetics "Wicked is Coming" collection. This collection is based on all the wonderfully evil villains from Once Upon A Time. Not only do I adore the plotlines, characters, and overall idea of the show, I also absolutely love the costumes and makeup! I mean.. Snow's wedding dress... Regina's smoky eye..  Need I say more?



The format that I purchased was the special collectors edition that came with the 3 eye shadows and a small size pucker paint (matte liquid lipstick) that was packaged in a cool tin with the collection title and artwork on the lid. Unfortunately, this was limited edition and it did sell out, but the shadows and pucker paint are still available for purchase individually!




All the eye shadows are loose pigments, so they are swatched over Geek Chic Cosmetics' Power Up Primer.


The first shadow in the collection is called "Dearie" and it's based on my favorite crocodile, Rumplestiltskin.
Wait, that's the wrong Rumplestilskin!
(Yes, my cat's name is Rumplestilskin. I told you I was a fan of the show!)


"Dearie" is a super metallic dark green/gold with chunky green glitter. It's very pigmented and opaque!

Glitter always comes with a price! (And I'm always willing to pay it.)

Next we have "The Boy Who Wouldn't Grow Up" aka the creepiest incarnation of Peter Pan ever conceived. Did he terrify everyone or was it seriously just me? This is a dark green with pink sparkle and a gold sheen. The pink is a little hard to see unless you get it in some really good lighting.




The last shadow in the collection is "Love is Weakness", based on Cora, Regina's mother. Oh Cora.. you made me hate you and then, at the end, you broke my heart. "Love is Weakness" is a deep burgundy red with gold and blue sparkle. Just gorgeous.




Finally we have "Evil Queen" the pucker paint based on Regina. On the Darling Girl website this lip color is described as "blood red", but the one I received is almost a wine or berry red that is so dark it's almost black. The formula of the Darling Girl pucker paints is an excellent one, with easy application, short drying time and long wearing without being overly drying. They are also very comfortable to wear - I often forget I have anything on at all.

Photo taken with iPotato.






Final Thoughts: This mini collection is great! The colors feel very appropriate to the characters, and all of them are excellently pigmented and easy to apply. I don't know if my pucker paint was different because it was the special edition or what, but its still very high quality and I enjoyed it.

What do you think? Do you have this collection or plan on buying it? Let me know in the comments!







No comments:

Post a Comment