Connect!

Monday, August 24, 2015

My Pretty Zombie Cosmetics

Hey there geekonistas!

I. Am. So. Excited! I got my very first order from My Pretty Zombie Cosmetics and I just had to share it with you!

My Pretty Zombie is a cruelty free, indie brand that makes loose eye shadow pigments, blushes, and powders. They have the best/worst names in the industry and I love them. You'll see what I mean when we get to the swatches.

I ordered the you pick 9 eye shadow set, which allows you to choose any nine eye shadows from the website at a cheaper price than buying each one individually. Good deal! They also included three sample baggies free of charge, and of course the My Pretty Zombie signature severed finger.


My order came really quickly, especially for an indie company. I placed the order July 29th, and it arrived in my mailbox on August 8th.

On to the swatches! As per usual with loose pigments, I swatched everything over a sticky base. In this case, I used Geek Chic Cosmetics "Power Up Primer".

First up we have mNg no.2. This is from a custom color that MPZ created for a customer, and it is Ah-Mazing. The color is a hot pink with a gold/green duochrome to it that is just fantastic.



Next we have "Avulsion" from the Injurious collection. Avulsion is an orange with a really strong pink shift. Do yourself a favor and do not google "Avulsion" unless you have a strong stomach.



The next color... I can't even do it justice. It's "Brisket" from the Butcher Shop collection and it was the color that made me place an order with MPZ in the first place. Brisket is a gorgeous bright copper color with one of the strongest gold shifts I've ever seen. It can literally look like two different eye shadows depending on lighting and angle.




"Tenderloin" is also from the Butcher Shop collection. It's a deep plummy purple with a blue duochrome.





Up next is the color "Bettie". Bettie is a gorgeous teal with a bright teal shimmer. 



This is "Infirmity" from the Blue Period collection. This one is a glitterbomb! It has a blue green base with golden green sparkles.



Also from the Blue Period collection is "Forsaken". This has more of a true blue base with sky blue sparkles. So many sparkles. Just a word of warning - between staining from the blue base and the amount of sparkles, you may never be able to fully remove this eye shadow. Totally worth it though.



The next color is one of MPZ's best sellers, and it's easy to see why. "Anthrax" is a pretty purple with a really strong gold/green shift. 


Finally we have the last of the full size shadows that I got: "Everything Looks Better on a Meat Hook". It is my fondest wish that someday I will wear this and someone will ask me what it is. Unfortunately, it seems to be very similar to Anthrax - just with a browner base and more of a green duochrome. 






The next color was one of the samples I received. It's also a new color for MPZ, called "Weird Dent."
This is a super metallic green-gold.




The other eye shadow sample I received is another new color, called "Baby May". I'll be honest here, I almost didn't swatch it for you.... it just looks too pretty to waste anywhere but on the eyes! This is a nice lavender with a pink sheen to it.


The final sample I received was a setting powder - Dr. Pickles' Miraculous Beauty Dust in violet. Violet is the recommended color for skin with yellow undertones. My undertones are neutral but I tried it out anyway and was quite pleased. I won't post any swatches since the point of it is to disappear into the skin.




 Final Thoughts: I really think My Pretty Zombie is an amazing company that deserves a lot more recognition. Their eye shadows are amazingly pigmented and smooth with some really unique colors. Their duochromes are really some of the best I've ever seen.





1 comment:

  1. I love the color payoff of pigments but they are so messy to use.

    ReplyDelete