Connect!

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Hello Waffle Cosmetics Visage: November 2015

Hey there geekonistas!

So if all goes well, when this post goes up I will be taking my long delayed 5-year anniversary trip to Disneyland!  I'm so excited! And of course I'll be checking out any and all makeup and beauty items while I'm there, maybe for a haul and special report? Fun! But that's for another time. Today my topic is this month's Visage subscription from Hello Waffle!

Visage is a monthly subscription box service from Hello Waffle Cosmetics. It costs $25 a month, plus shipping, and includes a mix of full and sample size items for eyes, lips and face, including one product from a guest indie company. There is currently a wait list to subscribe, which you can join by emailing Hello Waffle. There are also often extras from previous Visages posted for purchase on the website, so if you like a particular color you can sometimes grab it even without a subscription!


This month, continuing the Fairy Tale theme, we have "Little Red Cap", also known as "Little Red Riding Hood". It includes 3 half-size loose eye shadows, a loose half-size blush, a full-size perfume oil, a loose eye shadow sample and a full-size liquid lipstick from this month's guest indie, (one of my favorites) Darling Girl Cosmetics. There's also an information sheet with information and ingredients in each product, suggested ways to wear them, and on the back a short version of the Little Red Cap fairy tale. As usual, the cover art is just stunning!


The blush included this month is called "The Huntsman" and it is described as "earthy neutral with rosy copper shimmer". To me it looks like a dusty rose with a touch of sparkle that becomes a beautiful copper glow when blended out. So gorgeous and so wearable! This is going to look great on my skin tone.

To the right, a pure swatch - to the left, blended out.
 The first of the three loose eye shadows included this month is called "First House in the Village" This is a "soft ochre with blue glow". I don't believe I have ever seen this particular combo in an eye shadow before. I'm not usually a fan of more yellow shades, but this one is really interesting.


Next up we have "Hood of Red Velvet", and true to its name, this is a soft, velvety burgundy with a gold shimmer to it.



 The final loose eye shadow in this month's box is called "Basket of Flowers", and it is described as a "dark burgundy with intense green and turquoise shift". It's really pretty but I don't see that intense of a shift.


This month brings with it a first: a perfume oil from the owner of Hello Waffle's other shop, Sunsets and Seas, which produces bath and body products. The perfume is called "Into the Woods" and the scent notes are described as "Fresh baked goods, mature cedar trees, leather boots, suede boots, dark musk, and musty amber". Despite all the musky sounding smells, this wasn't too over powering. It's not my type of scent, but that's probably just because I don't like the smell of leather.


The sample included this month is a "Fairy Dust Overshadow" in the color "To Grandmother's". This is a very pale green with a red shift and green and red sparkles. The information sheet advised the use of a sticky adhesive with this one, so I used Geek Chic Cosmetics' Power Up Primer underneath. This is super sparkly and I could see it really transforming a dark base!

Blurred to show sparkle
  Finally we have the guest indie product for the month - a Pucker Paint (liquid to matte lipstick) from Darling Girl Cosmetics in the shade "Eat You Up", and oh, man, if I could eat this shade up, I would. It's an orange based red with copper sheen. The application looks a little patchy on my arm swatch, but when I applied it to the lips it went on just fine, no patchiness at all, and the copper shine was much more noticeable.


Final Thoughts: This is one of the most expensive makeup subscriptions I get, but I always feel like I definitely get my money's worth in products. Unfortunately, the perfume oil, which was a big chunk of this month's value, was a miss for me, but I'm sure many other subscribers will enjoy it, and I like the other items more than enough to make up for it! Especially that blush. And the pucker paint...

What do you think of this month's Visage subscription? What kind of scents do you enjoy? Let me know in the comments!






1 comment:

  1. I found this is an informative and interesting post so i think so it is very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. טיפול באקנה בגב

    ReplyDelete