Connect!

Monday, November 30, 2015

FanMail Box : November 2015 - Wars Among the Stars!

Hey there geekonistas!

Has everyone gotten their Black Friday/Cyber Monday shopping done yet? I scored a lot of really awesome deals on indie makeup and some Christmas gifts, so I'm really excited! Plus I managed to snag one of the sooooper limited edition Baroness X Whovian boxes, so keep an eye out for that in the future!

But today we're here to talk about the FanMail box for November. FanMail is a monthly subscription box "by lady geeks, for lady geeks". It contains geeky/nerdy items and accessories and is usually mailed out at the end of each month. Subscriptions can be purchased either month to month ($21.99 per box) as a 3 month prepay ($63.00 up front, which works out to $21.00 per box), 6 month prepay ($120.00 up front, $20.00 per box) or a 12 month prepay ($228.00 up front, $19.00 per box). A larger tshirt size (2xl-4xl) costs an additional $2.00 per month. These are "true" plus sizes though, not the juniors plus sizes a lot of boxes will try to pass off as plus size.

They've gone to all purple stickers now, so this doesn't denote an extra special box. Just regular special.



This month the theme is "Wars Among the Stars" providing a little more hype for "The Force Awakens" coming out this December, plus a couple of other awesome space-based properties. I REALLY love this month's box, like, to the extent of actually squealing when I opened it, so let's jump right into it!


First up is this month's information card, with the design from the t shirt printed on the front, and information about the products in the box on the back, along with contact information, next month's theme, and my favorite part: A list of release dates for movies and more coming out in December. I always keep this card around all month, it's very useful.


Next up we have the t shirt! This is my second favorite t shirt design to date (Toothless from the first box is my all time fav) and it gives me all the feels.  The material is a nice, heavy cotton that makes the shirt feel very sturdy. I like that aspect a lot, but it does make it a little more difficult to layer. And I layer everything. Seriously. It's like an illness.


With recent studies showing that coloring is good for mental health no matter what your age, this next item serves double purpose as being both fun and good for you! This is an exclusive to FanMail mini-size coloring book. It contains pictures from Star Wars, Firefly, and more! It also comes with a mini pack of crayons which are not only adorable but thoughtful. I mean, if you don't already have crayons, who wants to have to wait to start coloring a book as cool as this?


This next item wasn't actually listed on the info sheet, so I'm not sure if its a bonus item or what, but its a sheet of metallic "flash" or temporary tattoos, based on the Lunar Chronicles series by Marissa Meyer. I actually own the first book in the series, "Cinder" but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet. My husband said it was described to him as "steampunk fairy-tales meet Sailor Moon" so I mean.. really. I have to get off my ass and read this. Also, even though I kind of have flash tattoo overload from some of the other boxes I subscribe to, these are extra awesome and will definitely see use, middle of the winter or not!


That's no moon! It's a... soap? This adorable tiny Death Star is the next item in the box. It's a sparkly gray and smells really, really nice. I just.. I don't know if I can use it. It's too nice!


This month also brings a couple of #1 comics - Princess Leia and Guardians of the Galaxy! I have the entire run of Princess Leia in my Comixology app but I hadn't gotten around to reading it yet. (Are we noticing a theme here?) Having it on paper made the perfect excuse to start and I'm glad I did! It's pretty awesome. The Guardians book has a pretty cool variant cover.


And finally, the last and my absolute favorite item in the box this month.... a Stormtrooper sweater chain! I love dressing up in kind of a retro style, so this will make the perfect geeky accessory.. maybe next time I visit Disneyland during Season of the Force? (Squee!)


Final thoughts: Another awesome box from FanMail! I'm really happy with all of the items in this month's box and I continue to feel like I am getting way more than my money's worth. I feel as though each box has thoughtful touches in it that show the care and passion the curators put into it. Next month's theme is "Toon Time" and I am SO excited to see what great products come with it!

What did you think of this month's FanMail box? Did you score any great Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment