Connect!

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Notoriously Morbid Tribute Trio No. 4: Down the Spiral

Hey there geekonistas!

So, when I was young and wild.... er... well, young anyway, the soundtrack to my misadventures was a strange and varied thing, but it always, ALWAYS included some kick-ass industrial, usually in the form of my introduction to the genre: Nine Inch Nails. Now that I have grown and changed and am no longer quite so angry at the world, NIN has slipped down my playlists somewhat, but I will always keep a special place on the record shelf of my heart for the music of Trent Reznor. And that brings me to the Limited Edition Tribute Trio recently released by Notoriously Morbid in collaboration with Tori, better known as Biohazardous Beauty on You Tube.




This trio is titled "Down the Spiral", and it is of course, dedicated to the music of Nine Inch Nails. It contains two loose shadows and one "Mystic Matte", which is Notoriously Morbid's liquid to matte lipstick formula. It costs $15.00 for the set and is actually still available on the website at this time! As usual, all loose pigments are swatched over Geek Chic Cosmetics' Power Up Primer.

So the first item I just had to try out was the Mystic Matte. This one is called "Ruiner" and it's a deep, rich, almost black brown. I love this color and I love that they made this color, but unfortunately, I don't really see myself wearing it much. It's a great fall color but reeeeeaaaalllllly far outside of my comfort zone. Maybe someday I will be able to push myself out to meet it. Oh and if you want to wear it make sure you're committed to it, 'cause it definitely stains! I seriously adore NM's liquid matte lipstick formula, though, it is the most comfortable to wear that I have ever found - it doesn't take too long to dry down, but it doesn't dry out my lips and I can wear it comfortably all day, often forgetting I'm wearing anything at all.



Next up is the first of the two loose pigments - "Silencing Machine". This is a brown/gray shade with gold and silver sparkles. I was kind of disappointed when I first swatched it, (because I am a child and only initially attracted by bright or shiny things) but upon closer reflection it has really grown on me, and now I can't wait to use it.



Ah, and now my favorite out of the collection. I actually gasped out loud when I swatched it, it's so gorgeous! This one is a deep red with a copper/red shimmer, appropriately named "Sin". This is a perfect PERFECT fall shade, and so pigmented and vibrant. I love it.


Final Thoughts: I really enjoyed playing around with this trio. Everything is high quality and applied well, and I feel like the colors not only matched the NIN industrial aesthetic, but also complement each other really well, making it easy to wear all three shades together in a single look - something I definitely appreciate in a set like this. As an aside, if you haven't checked out Biohazardous Beauty on You Tube, you totally should! She makes some really fantastic looks from indie, mainstream, and drugstore makeup items.

So what are your thoughts? Have you picked this trio up already or do you plan to? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment