Connect!

Thursday, January 28, 2016

FanMail: January 2016 - Galentines and Valentines

Hey there geekonistas!

My gosh, two blog posts in row with absolutely no makeup in them? I know, I know! I promise I will get back to makeuppy goodness, but for now, since it's so timely, I wanted to share with you this month's FanMail box!




FanMail is a monthly subscription box "by lady geeks, for lady geeks". It contains geeky/nerdy items and accessories and is usually mailed out at the end of each month. Subscriptions can be purchased either month to month ($21.99 per box) as a 3 month prepay ($63.00 up front, which works out to $21.00 per box), 6 month prepay ($120.00 up front, $20.00 per box) or a 12 month prepay ($228.00 up front, $19.00 per box). A larger tshirt size (2xl-4xl) costs an additional $2.00 per month. These are "true" plus sizes though, not the juniors plus sizes a lot of boxes will try to pass off as plus size.

This month the theme is "Galentines and Valentines" and it celebrates relationships of all kinds - from the bonds of blood to the bonds of friendship and romance.

Starting off is the usual cute information card/print. This month the print is different from the shirt and is an adorable Jessica Jones illustration. On the back is information about each product, plus a calendar of upcoming releases from movies, television, books, comics, and games!



The first item in the box is this month's t shirt. It's a Princess Bride themed shirt, with "As You Wish" printed on it, surrounded by little icons that represent things from the movie. Very Valentine's appropriate, since we all know "As you wish" really means "I love you". I'll be honest, this isn't my favorite shirt I've gotten from them (not a fan of the purple/yellow combo) but it IS going to make the most adorable night shirt ever. :3


Next up is the item I've been holding my breath for... it's the Espionage Cosmetics/FanMail Exclusive Nail Wrap set! FanMail and Espionage designed these funky "Orphan Black" inspired nail wraps together and I have to say, the end result is really cool! They even have a secret glow-in-the-dark design incorporated.


There are also a couple of book themed bonus items included this month: One is a "sneak peek" (the first five chapters) of a book called "Red Queen". It sounds like an intriguing story and I may check it out. The second is a map/poster advertisement for the recently released "Truthwitch" book by Susan Dennard. I actually received this book (and the poster) in a recent YA Fantasy/Sci-Fi subscription box and am halfway through it. I highly recommend picking it up if you are a fan of fantasy!


The next item in the box will be a big hit with fans of the "Outlander" series! (Myself included). This silver necklace holds replicas of Claire's two wedding rings, making for a cool and unique pendant. It came packaged in a really lovely red burlap bag.



And the final item this month is a set of perfectly dorky and adorable greeting cards to send to your best geeks on Valentine's Day! Just. So. Cute.


Final Thoughts: I thought all the items this month fit the theme really well, and I'm glad the box focused on more relationships than just the obvious romantic ones. Next month's theme is "Cracking the Case" and will contain items from Sherlock, X-Files, Hannibal, Jessica Jones, and Daredevil! Can't wait!

What did you think of this month's FanMail box? Are you going to be hanging out with any special geeks this Valentine's? Let me know in the comments!

Thanks for hanging out!

No comments:

Post a Comment