Connect!

Thursday, January 7, 2016

Fav Fives: Fyrinnae

Hey there geekonistas!

It's a new year, and today seems like a good day to start a brand new post series, don't you think? It occurred to me that I spend a lot of time reviewing brand new products, and while that is fun (and useful) I also have a lot of great products already in my collection that I would love to share with you. Thus, Fav Fives is born. This series will explore some of my favorite brands (indie and otherwise) and talk about five of my favorite products within each brand.

Today's Fav Five is brand is Fyrinnae! Fyrinnae is a cruelty free indie company that produces some of the most gorgeous, pigmented shadows and lip colors on the market. They release new colors usually once a season, and all colors are permanent unless something untowards happens. The best place to find news on Fyrinnae is the blog on their website, since they are not active on any kind of social media that I know of.




Also, don't let the long turn around time on the front page deter you from this amazing brand! It's just a safety net in case something happens or they get overwhelmed with orders - I've never had an order that's taken more than two weeks to arrive.

This are in no particular order, and, as usual, swatched over Geek Chic Cosmetics' Power Up Primer. 

1. Conjured Tempest



I actually got this as a free sample with my first ever Fyrinnae order. When I saw it in the jar I was like.. yuck, no wonder this is free. But that all changed the first time I swatched it - I fell in love with the gorgeous purple shift over the cool gray-green.

2. Dreamwoven Luxuries





This is part of Fyrinnae's Arcane Magic line. This shadow looks like a hundred different shades depending on light, viewing angle, and what base it is applied over. Sometimes it looks reddish, sometimes blue or purple, and sometimes it catches the light as bright gold or bronze. Truly stunning and my pictures just can't do it justice.

3. Bonfire Spirits





One of the things I love about Fyrinnae is how poetically descriptive their names are. This shadow, Bonfire Spirits, has the exact colors I think of when I think of the heart of a flame: deep red with blue and green reflects. And can we even talk about this pigmentation?

4. Mephisto



Like many others, I'm sure, Mephisto is the shade that drew me to Fyrinnae in the first place. It was like nothing I'd ever seen before, and although I know now that there are similar shades out there, this one will always be my favorite. This is a royal blue base with a super intense red shift.

5. Liquid Mattes: Volcanic





Fyrinnae doesn't just produce kick ass eye shadows - they're also well known for their color changing liquid to matte lipstick formula. My personal favorite is Volcanic, a red base with pink-gold-copper-green metallic finish.

And that's it! It was really hard to only pick five of my favorites from Fyrinnae! They have so many gorgeous, rich eye shadows and they really have a color for every taste! Some honorable mentions would be Sleepy Hollow (SO TEAL) and Incubus (Color Change madness!).

Are you a Fyrinnae fan? What are some of your favs? Let me know in the comments!

And thanks for hanging out!

2 comments:

  1. I love these!!! Another Favorite is Because cats but there all so beautiful! Great review :) ♡♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the gorgeous purple one, right? I have it on my list for my next order!

      Delete