Connect!

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

It's beginning to look a lot like Blogmas!

Hey there geekonistas!

So this month, I have decided to set myself a Blogmas challenge! My challenge is to write one blog entry per day every day until the end of the month. There's going to be a wide range of topics, per my usual style, everything from established favorites to new discoveries, makeup to music to books, movies and more. There might even be.... a giveaway? If there is anything you are interested in and would like me to write about, now is the time to let me know!

Today I would like to kick things off by talking a little bit about one of my favorite geek themed bands: Kirby Krackle. Kirby Krackle (powered by Singer/Songwriter Kyle Stevens) was founded in 2009 and they have been revolutionizing the geek music scene ever since with their fantastic music and pop culture inspired lyrics.


Their latest album, Mutate, Baby! contains one of my favorite songs of theirs - "The Day My Powers Arrived." On the surface it's a song about joining the X-men, but underneath it's a song for anyone that's ever felt like they aren't ready for the big changes that sweep through life now and then. There is an official music video that you can watch here.

There's also a lighter side to Kirby Krackle, with a wicked sense of humor running through some of the songs, such as the song that first got me addicted to KK, and then got me through a semester of calculus - "Booty Do Math". I dare you to listen to that song and not at least smile.

It's not just the lyrics that makes Kirby Krackle awesome, though. Kyle Stevens is a seriously talented musician who uses a wide range of styles and makes them all sound awesome. It's not just geek music, it's really good music that is also geeky. If that makes sense? Anyway, I highly recommend checking them out! You can find a great selection of their songs on their YouTube channel if you just want to have a listen, or you can find them on iTunes or Bandcamp.

So what are some of your favorite geeky musicians? Let me know in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment