Connect!

Thursday, October 13, 2016

Espionage Cosmetics: EC BOOM! Box October 2016 "Haunted"

Hey there geekonistas!

Sorry this post is going up late today! I had another I was going to post this morning but unfortunately I ended up not being able to use it and had to write up another. Luckily for me, just yesterday I got my BOOM Box from Espionage Cosmetics, and that's something I always love to share with you!


 In case you are unfamiliar, Espionage Cosmetics is an indie company that creates cruelty free loose pigments and glitters, lip products, bath bombs, accessories, and of course their most famous product - the "Nailed It" line of geek inspired nail wraps! This box comes out bi-monthly and has a variety of prices depending on your payment plan. Paying per box is $30.00 (plus tax and shipping) every other month, while a four month subscription (two boxes) is $56.00 ($28.00 per box), a six month subscription (three boxes) is $81.00 ($27.00 per box) and a year (six boxes) is $150.00 ($25.00 per box). The boxes will include a wide variety of items from clothing and accessories to makeup, collectibles, art and more. Also included is at least one brand new nail wrap design per box.


This month the theme is a Halloween appropriate "Haunted" and features some spoopy gear and makeup. Let's check it out!


First up, we have one of my favorite items from the box this month - these are a pair of stud earrings from Sparks Emporium, and they are a dark pink with gorgeous multi-colored reflects. These remind me of the inside of geodes!


There are two nail wrap designs included in the box this month and I really like both of them - One is called "Redrum" and is simply hypnotizing, while the other is "Graveyard" and is what I'll be wearing on Halloween!


 Espionage is using a different approach to the makeup portion of the box this month. Instead of exclusives or new products, this month contains a grab bag with two random lip serums, two random loose eyeshadow pigments, and two mixing capsules to create your own lip colors. For the Lip Serums I recieved "Fatality", a sheer yellow with an opalescent sheen and "Venom", a more opaque melon color. Then for the eyeshadows I got "Karei", a taupe color, and "Athena", a burgundy shade.





 There was a print include this month as well - this one is by Nerdy Post and says "Sometimes Nightmares are Real", which I don't recognize as a quote, so if someone would care to enlighten me? This print is 5"x7" and printed on the usual sturdy canvas textured paper. Nerdy Post's Instagram account has some really fascinating videos of their calligraphy process, I highly recommend you check them out!


And last, but absolutely far from least, my absolute favorite item of the box, a pair of sparkly bat clips! These are great as hair clips, of course, but Espionage also included a little card with other suggestions, such as clipping it to a choker, your handbag, or shoes.


Final Thoughts: As usual, I'm quite thrilled with this month's offerings! I was lucky enough that my particular grab bag didn't contain any repeats from my current collection - I might have been disappointed if it had, but I think I would still have fun mixing them up into different lip colors. Espionage continues to prove that they are basically plugged into my fangirl brain, offering high quality items that are both fun and functional.

What do you think about this month's box? Let me know in the comments!

Until next time, thanks for hanging out!

No comments:

Post a Comment