Connect!

Monday, October 17, 2016

SauceBox Cosmetics : Autumn Goddess Collection

Hey there geekonistas!

Testing out new (to me) brands is always fun - though I love my tried and true favs, I also love branching out! So I am excited to share with you today my first ever order from SauceBox Cosmetics - the Limited Edition "Autumn Goddess" collection!


SauceBox Cosmetics is an indie, cruelty free brand that produces pressed eyeshadows in both single and palette form, along with a line of sponges. Although this particular set is no longer available, they do have the "Winter Wish" seasonal collection up for purchase, which also looks amazing.

This collection is a set of five pressed single eyeshadows - this means they are not actually in a palette, but come as individual metal pans that you can easily stick right into a magnetic palette. The one I'm using here is one of my absolute favorites from anothersoul's Etsy shop!


To swatch these shadows, I used a flat shader brush. The left (top) half is on bare skin, while the right (bottom) half is over Too Faced Shadow Insurance Primer. Also, none of these shadows seem to have names beyond the collection name, so I'll simply refer to them as 1-5, lightest to darkest.


Autumn Goddess 1 - This is a super pale linen shade with a gold shimmer. It applies really well, with or without primer, though the primer brings out a little more sparkle. This shadow also works amazingly well as a highlighter.


Autumn Goddess 2 - This is a pale peach shade that's just a little darker than my skin tone. Perfect as a transition shade.


Autumn Goddess 3 - This is a yellow ochre shade, very smooth and blendable and screaming "Fall!"


Autumn Goddess 4 - This is the pumpkin spice color of the group - a medium orange shade. Even without primer this is a powerhouse shade.


Autumn Goddess 5 - This is a useful brown shade with gold sparkles, though those don't really show up unless its over primer, making it great for wherever your look needs deepening or as a star shade all on its own.


So for this look I used each of the shadows in the collection, plus I pulled in "Forever Fall" from My Pretty Zombie because it just seemed like they were made for each other.
After priming and setting my eye, I used #2 all over from crease to browbone.
I then used #3 in the crease.
I layered #4 to really deepen and define the crease. I also used it on my lower lashline.
For my lid I patted "Forever Fall" over Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy (sticky base).
I used #5 in the outer corner of my eye, creating a "c" shape, then blended it into the outer 1/3 of my lower lashline.
For my browbone and inner corner highlight I used #1 on a small flat synthetic brush.
I lined the upper lashline with Kat Von D's Tattoo liner in brown, applied my favorite black mascara and I was done! 


Final Thoughts: I am highly impressed with this collection! SauceBox's eyeshadow formula is simply a pleasure to work with - smooth, highly pigmented and very blendable. There is a little bit of dust kicked up in the pans when you use them, but for shadows this soft that is basically what I expect anyway. The cost of this collection was $29.99 (plus $7.00 shipping to Las Vegas) which comes out to about $6.00 per eyeshadow. And these are not small eyeshadows either - each pan is about 4g, which more than twice the size of say, Makeup Geek, who offers 1.8 g pans for the same price. I'm definitely going to pick up the Winter Wishes collection... and I've got my eye on their "Art Nouveau" palette as well!

What do you think of this collection? Have you tried SauceBox before or are you planning on trying it in the future? Let me know in the comments!

Until next time, thanks for hanging out!

No comments:

Post a Comment