Connect!

Monday, October 24, 2016

Fyrinnae : Halloween - Liquid Eyeliners

Hey there geekonistas!

My Halloween decorating has ground to a screeching halt upon the discovery of a nest of scorpions in my front yard - officially making it 100% scarier than I could ever hope to achieve through animatronics and fog machines, and rendering it unusable until we have the pest guy come out (again) to spray everything with poison. It's disappointing but at least I have good foundation for next year, when we will be certain to spray the yard BEFORE we start decorating.

So to distract myself from the sadness and hundreds of dollars worth of decorations that are currently in a pile in my front room, I thought I would test out and share with you a brand new product from one of my favorite indie cosmetic brands, Fyrinnae - liquid gel eyeliners!

Fyrinnae Liquid Gel Eyeliner review swatch indie makeup cosmetics cruelty free

Fyrinnae is a cruelty free indie company that produces some of the most gorgeous, pigmented shadows and lip colors on the market. They release new colors usually once a season, and all colors are permanent unless something untowards happens. The best place to find news on Fyrinnae is the blog on their website, or you can find them on Instagram now as well. (Yay!)

The liquid gel eyeliners come in five colors (for now) and are $6.75 each, or you can buy the set of five for $30.00. These, along with the new metallic whipped lip colors were part of the Halloween release but are permanent additions to the line.

Packaging:
 
The eyeliners come in a 4.3 ml (.14 fl oz) tube and have a fine brush type applicator. While this isn't my favorite kind of applicator (the bristles can get a messed up and stick out, making even application difficult), to me it's still vastly better than a felt tip type.

Fyrinnae eyliner packaging


Colors:
These swatches are on bare skin, with the bottom swatch being one pass only with the brush, while the top swatch is a couple coats to build up the color.

The first color, "Only a Myth" is a bright aqua blue with an aqua sheen.

Fyrinnae only a myth eyeliner swatch fair skin

"Cloak of Night" is a dark midnight blue with a lighter blue sheen.

fyrinnae cloak of night eyeliner swatch fair skin

"Sharp Enough" is a deep purple with a lighter purple sheen.

fyrinnae sharp enough eyeliner swatch fair skin

"Pandora's Realm" is my favorite color out of the collection - a burgundy shade with gold flecks.

fyrinnae pandora's realm eyeliner swatch fair skin

 And the last color is a bronzy shade called "Djinn". This will probably see the most use as a "normal" color eyeliner.

fyrinnae djinn eyeliner swatch fair skin

Formula:

I found these very richly pigmented and easy to work with, with a thicker consistency than your usual liquid liner. This formula did not bleed at all when applied and set fairly quickly - The website claims they set in two minutes but, perhaps because my skin is oily, I found it closer to five. Once set they did not smudge very easily and were water resistant.
For the smudge test I waited for the liners to set and then lightly ran my finger along the bottom of the swatches. You can see a slight smudge of color but not a lot.

fyrinnae eyeliner smudge test fair skin
Smudge Test
 For the water resistance test I held the swatches under running water for about thirty seconds. As you can see the water had absolutely no effect on the colors.

fyrinnae eyeliner water proof test fair skin
Water Test

To remove the colors, an oil based cleanser is recommended. When I used a regular makeup wipe a stain was left behind, but when I used an oil based eye makeup remover the colors removed easily and there were no stains.


Final Thoughts:


Love! I love these bright, vibrant colors, they are going to make for some really cool eye looks! I also really appreciated that there was no bleeding at all - I have oily, somewhat textured eyelids and if an eyeliner bleeds even a little it can become a big mess on me. I'm holding my breath and crossing my fingers that they come out with more colors in this line... even.. dare I hope.. some amazing duochromes like the Arcane Magic Eyeshadows or Magic Whipped Metallic lip colors? I can dream, anyway!

What do you think of the new Fyrinnae Liquid Gel liners? Are you going to pick any up? Let me know in the comments!

Until next time, thanks for hanging out!


2 comments:

  1. Ohhh, I am drooling over this! Pandora's Realm looks so up my alley.

    Also, NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE to that scorpion story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pandora's Realm is gorgeous! And I think these might actually be tough enough for kitchen wear!

      Yeah, scorpions and spiders are my two least favorite things in the world and I somehow managed to move myself to place that has both. :C

      Delete