Connect!

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Bonus Post: Look for NM Vanishing Cabinet!

Hey there geekonistas!

As promised, (though a little late) I'm back with a bonus post today with my look from the April Vanishing Cabinet!





Since the theme was dragons, I wanted to do a green and gold dragon inspired eye, and this is what I came up with. I still want to do something with "Protective Aggressor", so there may be another look coming soon.  That's one of the reasons I like this month's Vanishing Cabinet so much... I'm inspired to play with all of the colors!



To start with, I primed my eyes with my usual Urban Decay Primer Potion.
I then used two Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencils - "Milk" on the inner 1/3 of my lid, "Sparkle Green" on the outer 2/3 and up into the crease.
Over "Milk" I patted on "Pretentious Namesake", applied with a damp brush.
Over "Sparkle Green" I patted "Stoic", also with a damp brush.
In the crease I applied "Lemmy" from the Kat Von D Mi Vida Loca Remix Palette, then blended out the edges with "Noble" from the same palette.
Inner corner and browbone highlight are both "Pretentious Namesake", applied dry.
For the lower lash line, I used "Stoic" applied wet nearest the eye, then blended out with "Lemmy".
The upper lashes I lined with Kat Von D's Tattoo liner in "Trooper", and the tight and water line are both lined with Hourglass' 1.5 mm gel liner in "Obsidian".
I did my brows with Anastasia's brow powder in brown, and then my lashes with Charlotte Tilbury's Full Fat Lashes.


For the rest of my face I used Urban Decay's One and Done as foundation, topped up with a little bit of their Naked Skin powder foundation to set, both in "Light".  For blush I used the Too Faced Sweetheart blush in "Sparkling Bellini", and highlighted with "Power of the Fae" by Notoriously Morbid (regular product, not VC)
The lips, of course, are "Stormborn" Mystic Matte, also from this month's Vanishing Cabinet.

And that's it! You can check out the rest of my review here!

Thanks for hanging out!

No comments:

Post a Comment