Connect!

Monday, April 18, 2016

Glamour Doll Eyes OTM: April 2016

Hey there geekonistas!

How was your weekend? Mine was pretty good, although tiring! Travelling is fun but it's always nice to be back home again. I just miss my pets so much when I'm away!

Speaking of pets, let's check out this month's Glamour Doll Eyes OTM featuring the one pet I don't actually currently have in my life... dogs!





In case you are unfamiliar, Glamour Doll Eyes is a cruelty-free, indie company that produces loose and pressed eye shadow pigments, blushes, and lip products. The OTM service costs $11.00 per month to the U.S., $18.00 per month to Canada, and $22.00 internationally (all of these prices include shipping), and includes at least one eye shadow, plus another product. There is a different theme to the OTM each month, and any extras can be purchased on the GDE site once all of the subscriptions have been mailed out. (Be warned though, they go fast!) To get the subscription, you must email the owner to get onto the waitlist. The waitlist lasts one year and is reset in January. (Which is how I managed to snag one!)


This month the subscription came in a cute little box, and the theme is "Crazy Dog Lady Starter Kit". My particular package didn't include an information card this month due to a packing oversight, but GDE posted a picture of the card in the Facebook group and that's all I need. The products this month are a full sized blush, full sized loose eye shadow pigment, and a mini nail lacquer from guest indie "Leesha's Lacquers".  There's also an adorable puppy dog gummy candy that's going to live right next to my unicorn from last month.

The full size shadow this month is called "Pug Life" (ah that name cracks me up every time!) and it is described as a "dark taupe with silver and gold shimmers and specks of holographic sparkle. There is definitely a lot of sparkle here!



The full size blush is called "So Fetch" and its a "dark mauve with a subtle blue shine". This color is just so darn pretty! It would make a gorgeous eye shadow, but as a blush I think it really stands out. Also, that artwork. So darn cute!!


Left - Full Swatch       Right - Blended Out
The nail lacquer is called "Muddy Paws" and its a white "crelly" (cream/jelly) with gold, black and brown micro glitter that does look just like muddy paw prints on a white carpet!


So for the look I opted to go somewhat simple and smoky.



First I primed my eye as usual with Urban Decay's Primer Potion.
I used the Kat Von D Shade + Light palette in "Lucius" to set.
I then used the same palette in "Samael" to deepen the crease.
On the lid I used "Pug Life" over Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy. (A sticky base).
Then for the lower and upper lashline I went back to the Kat Von D Shade + light palette in Saleos to create a soft cat-eye look.
I highlighted my inner corner with "Voltage" from Makeup Geek and finished it all off with Charlotte Tilbury's Full Fat Lashes Mascara.





For the face I opted for a natural look with Urban Decay's One and Done foundation in "Light", set with Catrice's Prime and fine. For the blush of course I used "So Fetch" and the lipstick is Marc Jacobs' Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. The brows are Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder in Brunette.

Final Thoughts: Per usual, I'm very please with this month's subscription service. My favorite was definitely the blush, it's a gorgeous shade that can go very sheer or be built up for more impact.

What did you think of this month's Glamour Doll Eyes OTM? Do you have any pets? Let me know in the comments!

Oh and don't forget, I still have my 100th post giveaway going on! You can find all the details and how to enter here.

Thanks for hanging out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment