Connect!

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Colourpop : Spring/Summer collection 2016

Hey there geekonistas!

As you may or may not know, I have a slight addiction to Colourpop. With their innovative formulas and constantly rotating collection of novel colors, it's kind of hard not to have one! So, obviously, when Colourpop released their new collection of colors for spring and summer this year, I just had to order some. No, not all of them. Why not? Because I enjoy regret, I guess. Also, the tagline on the collection was "Calling all Mermaids" so.. I mean, if I ignore that it means I'm not a mermaid, right?




The new collection consists of three Lippie Stix, three Ultra Satin Lippies, two pencil liners, two gel liners, and five new shadows. I picked up the Ultra Satin Lippies, the pencil liners, one gel liner and four of the new shadows. I also picked up some older colors I was missing - Marshmallow and Dopey lip colors, and the gel liner in Swerve.

Let the swatching begin!



So these are the four shadows I picked up. Luckfully is a deep navy blue with a blue sheen, Flower Shop is a "pearlized" sea green, Belladonna Lily is a matte mint, and Wattles is satin beige-pink. I finger swatched all of these right onto my arm - no primer. Normally I would shy away from finger swatching as it skews the swatches to make the shadows look better, but in the case of Colourpop these get applied with the fingers anyway.

I am in LOVE with all of these colors! Wattles (which I mistook for Waddles, Mabel's pig on Gravity Falls at first) is exceptionally nice as an all over neutral lid color, and as promised, the other three make me into a mermaid just by looking at them.



On to the liners! Teaspoon, HoneyDude, and Swerve are the pencil liners, while Descanso is a gel pot. Swerve is one of their original colors, but I wanted to try it out since the formula is supposed to work well in the waterline and its much much cheaper than my Hourglass gel liner.

The formula is definitely very soft and creamy - so soft in fact that I've had a real problem with my pencil liners breaking. Boo. The gel pots are awesome though! Swerve is.. okay. Its not as opaque as I like, though it does apply well without tugging. It's larger size makes it tough to get into my waterline without poking myself in the eye so I guess I'm going to have to stick with Hourglass for now. Sigh.


Spritz, Botanical, Naked Ladies, and Marshmallow are all Ultra Satin Lippies, while Are & Be and Dopey are Ultra Mattes.

Ahhhh I love the Ultra Satin Formula! It's so long lasting and comfortable to wear. Unfortunately, the old Ultra Matte formula dried my lips out to raisin status, so I can't really wear it - with lips on the thinner side, I can't afford to lose any volume! The newer formulas work better, thankfully, making Dopey one of my absolute favorite shades to wear.

With all this new gorgeousness floating around, I just had to play around and try for a mermaid eye look!


To begin with, I primed my eye with Urban Decay's Primer Potion in Enigma.
In the center of my lid I applied Flower Shop, using a flat synthetic brush to keep it neat, then layering it on with my finger to intensify the color.
On the outer corner of the lid and the crease I used Luckfully, blending it into Flower shop where they met and then diffusing and softening the edge with Lazarus from the Kat Von D Shade + Light Palette.
For the inner corner I used Belladonna Lily, blending it into Flower shop and up towards the brow into Luckfully.
For the lower lashline I used Teaspoon, blending into Belladonna Lily on the inner corner and Luckfully on the outer.
I then took Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy on the lower lash line and "wing" and patted on Espionage Cosmetics' Glitter in KAPOW!
For my upper lash line, I used Cynthia Rowley's liquid liner in a kind of bluish teal color. I don't know the name of it 'cause it's not printed on the pen.
I lined my water and tight lines with Swerve.
I highlighted my brow bone with Osteomancy from Notoriously Morbid. (A pale highlighter with a cool blue sheen)
Finally I did my brows with Anastasia Beverly Hills brow powder in Brunette, and my lashes with Charlotte Tilbury's Full Fat Lashes mascara.


For my face I used the Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer and the One and Done Complexion Perfecting Hybrid.
For my cheeks I used Nyx blush in Dusty Rose, then highlighted with Osteomancy. The contour is also Notoriously Morbid, in the shade Necromancy.
For my lips I just had to pair it up with Marshmallow, topped with a little bit of Osteomancy in the center.

And that's it! What do you think of the new ColourPop colors? Have you picked any up or are you planning to? Let me know in the comments!

And as always, thanks for hanging out!

No comments:

Post a Comment