Connect!

Monday, April 4, 2016

March Favorites

Hey there geekonistas!

Wow, it's been a hot minute since I've done a monthly favorites, huh? Between recovering from the holidays and recovering from illness, I think it's been at least two months? Well, today I am jumping back on that bandwagon and bringing you some of the beauty products, comics, tv shows and more that I was loving during the month of March!



Favorite Palette:

Too Faced Peanut Butter and Jelly Palette






This one just HAD to end up in my favorites. Usually, when there's a ton of hype surrounding a palette, I end up disappointed when I finally get it. Not this time! If you're not a fan of uber cute packaging, warm browns, or food-scented makeup this palette is definitely not for you. I happen to love all of those things so this is perfect for me, and I've found myself reaching for it a lot. You can find more pictures and swatches in my Haul-iday post here.

Favorite New TV Show:

Hap and Leonard



I would describe Hap and Leonard as Terriers meets Justified, but if you haven't seen those shows that won't make any sense. Basically, It's the story of two friends from Texas on a treasure hunt that goes very, very wrong. Although the rest of the cast is delightfully crazy, it's the two main characters that really drew me to this show. Hap and Leonard are, at first glance, as opposite as two people can be, yet they are best friends who really care about and look out for each other. The show is based off of the first in a series of books, so I hope we get more seasons down the line!

Favorite Scent:

Cherie Blossom by Harvey Prince



I'm not sure if I am the only one, but I have a definite pattern of scents that I tend to stick to pretty closely. Fall/Winter are food scents, Summer is tropical/citrus scents, and Spring...Spring is always sweet floral scents. And really, the epitome of what I think of as "Spring scents" has to be Cherie Blossom from Harvey Prince. The website describes the notes as sakura (cherry blossom), pink grapefruit, vanilla, and cool musk. The musk gives the scent a more mature edge than just pure florals, which I like even though I'm not usually a fan of musk. I actually only have a small size of this right now but I just discovered that it's on sale on the website, so I may need to pick up another! Hopefully the 50% off doesn't mean that it's about to be discontinued...

Favorite Subscription Box:

Firefly Crate from Loot Crate



This isn't a box that I reviewed here (my husband will be reviewing it on his blog) but it was definitely my favorite this month! It came crammed to the gills with some great merchandise, plus a cool magazine booklet that featured information about each product, plus interviews with Jewel Staite herself and a Kaylee cosplayer. My favorite item is the Kaylee statue. She looks so happy and cute!


Favorite Comic:

Bitch Planet


Oh, oh boy. This comic is not for the faint of heart. It's also so true sometimes that it hurts. The basic premise is that, in the not-so-distant future, women who don't fit the standards of what men want are considered "non-compliant" and shipped off to a prison planet. It's written in the style of exploitation movies, but the subjects it deals with are deadly serious. Written by Kelly Sue DeConnick and drawn by Valentine De Landro, and not put out nearly often enough, this is a book worth looking into. My favorite character is totally Penny Rolle, who has just zero fucks to give.


And that's it for this month's favorites! What were you loving in the month of March? Let me know in the comments, and as always, thanks for hanging out!

No comments:

Post a Comment