Connect!

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Lazy Sunday Bonus Post: The Perfect Palette Tag!

Hey there geekonistas!

Another lazy Sunday, another chance for me to rifle through my makeup collection to bring you a makeup  tag! Today is the "Perfect Palette" tag. You may have seen the "Perfect Palette 2" tag going around a lot lately, but since I haven't done the first one yet I thought that would be a better place to start!



Perfect Palette Tag Questions

1. Best Packaging
Okay, I'm going to have to break this down into two further categories, because "best packaging" is so broad.

1A. Best Quality Packaging
This goes to the Urban Decay Vice Palette (The original). It has packaging that doesn't get dirty or show fingerprints too easily, a one touch open mechanism where you just have to push the button to open the palette completely, and a nice big mirror inside. It's a little big for travel, but not so big that it's a pain to use. (Cough cough Mi Vida Loca Remix cough cough).



1B. Best Aesthetics in Packaging
This is a tough one. A lot of palettes come in really beautiful packaging - it's often one of their main selling points. I think I have to pick Lunatick Cosmetics Labs, however - their packaging is not only fun, but fairly unique in the cosmetics world as well. How many companies do you know that put out coffin shaped palettes?



2. Best Color Payoff
Definitely an Urban Decay palette, but which one? That's hard to say, they've all got pretty good color payoffs.

3. Most Versatile
That's got to be Kat Von D's Shade + Light eye contour palette. It's an all matte palette with both cool and warm toned neutrals that you can use to build looks on their own or to add in as background to a wide range of colorful looks. They can also be used as brow powders and liners!



4. Best for Traveling
It's not available anymore, but I love taking my Urban Decay Shattered Face Case with me when I travel. It's got a mix of purple and neutrals that let me build anything from simple to super dramatic looks, plus two different blushes, a highlighter, an eyeliner and a lip pencil. As you can see, mine is pretty beat up by now from being tossed in a suitcase so often, but it still works!



5. Biggest Regret
Ok, so when I was trying to avoid buying the Kat Von D "Mi Vida Loca Remix" Palette, I decided I would buy a less expensive colorful matte palette and a color wheel. The color wheel worked out really well and is still hanging by my vanity, but the BH Cosmetics Modern Mattes palette did not. These are some of the WORST pigmented eye shadows I have ever seen and the formula is super dry and hard. -10/10 would not recommend. Ever. At least it was cheap so I'm not out too much money!


6. Best Color Names
In stark contrast to the Modern Mattes palette, the BH Cosmetics Galaxy Chic Palette is one of my all-time favorites. And how could I not love it? All of the colors and names are planet/ space themed! These are baked eye shadows so they can get a little powdery, but for the most part they have a surprisingly good color payoff.



7. Least Used
My limited edition Edward Scissorhands palette from Sugarpill. As I predicted in my review of it, it mostly just sits on my shelf, gathering dust. The only shadow I really use out of it is Ice Angel. Oh well, at least it looks pretty.



8. Most Used
In terms of "Most Product Gone", that would have to be my Naked 2 Palette. I'm very close to hitting pan on some of the colors, but I haven't been using it as much lately - Kat Von D and Tarte's Tartelette  palettes have both kind of supplanted it in the neutrals department.



9. Most Loved
My Urban Decay Book of Shadows IV. Not because of it's amazing (and amazingly bulky) packaging, or the gimmicky QR code cards and mini speaker to play instructions for different looks while you're using it. Not even because the shadows are great quality (though they are). I love this palette the most because it was the first colorful palette my husband ever bought for me, before we were even married.

Can you spot the kitty?

10. Desert Island
I don't know why I'd be bothering with makeup if I was trying to survive on a desert island, but uh... I guess I'd bring my Mi Vida Loca Remix palette. It has the widest range of shades so it would be fun to play with and I'd be able to create a lot of different looks. Plus it's so big I could use it as a sun shade.



And that's it for this tag. What are some of your favorite palettes? Let me know in the comments!

Thanks for hanging out!


No comments:

Post a Comment