Connect!

Saturday, March 19, 2016

Haul-iday Bonus Post! Colourpop, Too Faced, and more!

Hey there geekonistas!

Spring/Summer has got to be the best time for makeup and the worst time for my wallet. It seems like every company is coming out with amazing new products and I just have to own all of them. So, in an effort to pretend like I bought these for research, I thought I would share some of my recent purchases from the past month or so here with you and let you know my thoughts on them!



Too Faced:

I haven't done too badly with Too Faced products so far this spring, although they did just release that limited edition Sweet Peach palette AND their own line of liquid to matte lipsticks... ugh. I ADORE peach colored shadows and it's something that's actually missing from my collection. Unfortunately, since it's limited edition and there's so much hype around it right now (the Too Faced website sold out in hours) that I may not be able to get my hands on one at all!
This is probably the closest I will get.

At least I did manage to get my hands on the Peanut Butter and Jelly palette, though! Granted, it was after a false start where I placed my order on Ulta at 9 am on launch day, it went through, and then they emailed me later and said they couldn't deliver it due to "low stock"... grr... However, I did finally manage to snag one and I am so happy I did! You know me, I am such a sucker for packaging and this palette hits all the adorable and nostalgia buttons, while containing some really nice product!

It's chock full of really warm browns, which look great on me, and I've found the colors to be really smooth and super easy to blend! The palette also smells like chocolate and peanut butter. Bonus! The only poorly performing shade seems to be "Jelly". Its pretty sheer, but it will look pretty over a purple base, like a Nyx jumbo eye pencil, I think.

Quick Swatches - No Primer

Since I ordered this one directly from the Too Faced site, I had to add in another product to get free shipping. (Oh noes!) Since I love the Melted liquid lipsticks, I decided to pick up "Frosting", a color I hadn't tried before. I'm not sure how good it looks on me, but it is something different. I also got a free sample of their Hangover Rx primer, but I haven't tried it yet.


Colourpop:

Colourpop is honestly going to probably be the death of me. One day they'll release like a solid form of deadly poison and I'll buy it and use it, because it's Colourpop. Seriously though, Colourpop has some really great products at really inexpensive prices, which is great for experimenters like me. If you break it down ounce for ounce, their products are actually on par in price with more high end brands, but they come in such small amounts that the overall price is kept low. For someone that rarely to never actually finishes color products, this is just fine by me! (Non color products like foundations, powders, brow color and mascara are a completely different story - I will find ones that I like and then use them 'til they scream.)


One of the newest products that I had to get my hands on are the Ultra Satin Lips. These are a liquid lipstick formula that doesn't dry down matte but has a nice satin finish. They are also pretty long wearing - I would compare them to Too Faced's Melted liquid lipsticks. I picked up the colors Frick n' Frack plus its matching pencil, Cozy, Echo Park, Too Lips, and London Fog. I wanted Dopey, but it's been out of stock since the first five minutes these went on sale. I've found these to be very comfortable to wear, very pigmented and all in all a great addition to the Colourpop line!


I'm in the process of trying to find a replacement for my #1 all time favorite liquid matte lipstick - "Juju", which was a color of the month from Notoriously Morbid. It was up for the yearly "bring it back permanently" vote but it lost out to Pumpkin King and Trashboat. I'm still hella salty about that. I thought the 1st Base Ultra Matte lip might be a match, but alas, not quite. Still a pretty color though.


I also grabbed up some of the Creme Gel Colours as I've heard really good things about them. I got the colors DTLA, Best O, Workout, Cry Baby, and Zulu. Haven't had a chance to use these much yet, but the formula seems nice and smooth. Just a bit confused as to why no two containers are filled to the same amount?




I couldn't make a Colourpop order without some of their eye shadows, so I finally picked up So Quiche (what took me so long with this one??), Shameless, and Lace. All so gorgeous, and I think Lace might work really well with the Peanut Butter and Jelly Palette in place of the kinda-lame "Jelly".


Finally, since I ordered during Colourpop's "2 million instagram subscribers" celebration, I got their celebratory Lippy Stick, Poppin', for free! I love the bright pink packaging on this one! I missed out on their birthday shadow before so I'm really glad I got this one! Also, mysteriously in my package was a card from Colourpop saying "Sorry we were late" with a Lippy Stick in the color "Baewatch". This is mysterious because I didn't think the package was late at all but hey, I'm not complaining about a free Lippy Stick! Especially not one this gorgeous.


Charlotte Tilbury:

As you may or may not know, my absolute favorite mascara in the world is Charlotte Tilbury's Full Fat Lashes. So when mine tragically ran out a couple days ago without a backup, I had to go on Beautylish and get another right away. Of course while I was there I had to browse through the rest of the Charlotte Tilbury products - it's one of the very few high end companies that are also cruelty free, so, you know, gotta support that. While I was there I said "you know what I need in my life? A $40 blush." No, not really, but again, I had to add something for that free shipping, so, you know. I've heard really good things about this blush from several YouTubers I follow (VintageorTacky and Blushing Biddies) so I wanted to try it for myself. I got the color "First Love", and yes, it looks like a boob. If you hold the mirror at the right angle it even looks like two boobs. Awesome. I am 12.

Left: Swatched   Right: Blended Out

Glamour Doll Eyes:

This one is NOT MY FAULT. Glamour Doll Eyes was having a 75% off sale on their discontinued eye shadows and who can say no to that?! Plus I had to order some regular shadows in order to get this month's gift with purchase, #awkwardsweaterkiss, not only because it's an awesome color, but also because I am in love with Jane the Virgin and this reference made me laugh. From the DQ sale I got My Belle, Bella Donna, Mermaid's Plumage, and Busted. From the regular shadows I got Audacious and Celestial Crow.

Swatched over Geek Chic Cosmetics' Power Up Primer. Please pardon the messy swatches, there was an incident involving a cat and a fan.

Phew! That's about it, I think! Have you purchased any new products this month? Have any recommendations? Let me know in the comments!

Thanks for hanging out!

No comments:

Post a Comment