Connect!

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

AFK Cosmetics Christmas in July Advent Calendar: Day One

Hey there geekonistas!

Sorry for being MIA for the past week! My husband and I took a trip to LA and San Diego, and even though I scrambled to get some blog posts ready to go before I left, I just didn't manage to get anything good put together. To try and make up for it, I have something very special to share, starting today!
This is what I was doing!


This is the AFK Cosmetics Christmas in July Advent Calendar! This was on sale for a limited amount of time last month, both in a smaller sample size and a large size. I got the large size, which cost me $62.00, plus $4.00 for shipping. The theme is year is "The Women of Studio Ghibli", so you KNOW I am delirious with excitement to see what's inside! The box contains 12 different products, each individually wrapped and numbered - and features a ton of different indie cosmetics companies! In order to keep the contents a surprise, the information card only contains the number of the product and the character/film it was inspired by.

I don't know if I was supposed to start opening at the point where it would end July 25th, or would end on the last day of July, but since I was out of town neither of those is really an option, so I'm going to just post one every day until I finish. Don't worry! I'll still have some regular posts up reviewing my other subscription services and some new collections as well.


Are you ready? Let's get this started!

Day One:

Inspired by Sophie from Howl's Moving Castle.




It's a pressed highlighter from AFK Cosmetics! The shade is called "Just Like Starlight" and its a gorgeous pale grey-purple. It makes a really subtle, yet beautiful highlight, especially for pale girls like me!




Be sure to come back tomorrow for the next unwrapping!

Thanks for hanging out!

No comments:

Post a Comment