Connect!

Saturday, July 30, 2016

AFK Cosmetics Christmas in July Advent Calendar : Grand Finale!

Hey there geekonistas!

This is it! It's the final day of the advent calendar. I'm so sad! I love being able to unwrap a present every day and share it with you! I kind of wish I could do an advent calendar every month, but I guess if I had to do it all the time it would lose its specialness. That's what I will firmly tell myself, anyway.


In case you're just now joining us (in which case you should probably go back and start at the beginning, you're missing a lot!): this box was on sale for a limited amount of time last month, both in a smaller sample size and a large size. I got the large size, which cost me $62.00, plus $4.00 for shipping.  The box contains 12 different products, each individually wrapped and numbered - and features a ton of different indie cosmetics companies! In order to keep the contents a surprise, the information card only contains the number of the product and the character/film it was inspired by. This year the theme is "The Women of Studio Ghibli"!


And today the item is...


An "Epically Epic" Lip Balm from guest indie Epically Epic Soap! This balm scent.. flavor? is based on Osono from Kiki's Delivery Service! Again, super bad at scents, so I think this one is some kind of.. banana? Pudding? Tea? Maybe? Anyway it smells good and feels nice on the lips, so win!



And that is it! Our advent calendar is over. Up above you can see a group shot with all the products I received. I think it goes without saying that I had a lot of fun with this advent calendar. I feel like there is a great mix of products and colors, and I like that each guest indie translated the theme into their own style which really allows the products to shine without everything feeling too same-y. I will definitely be purchasing this again next year!

What did you think of the AFK Cosmetics Christmas in July Advent Calendar? Who's your favorite Studio Ghibli character? Let me know in the comments!

Until next time, take care and thanks for hanging out!

No comments:

Post a Comment