Connect!

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Beauty Tag: 40 Questions!

Hey there geekonistas!

I'm having kind of a lazy Sunday today, so I thought it might be fun to do a beauty questions tag! I got these questions from Biohazardous Beauty's YouTube channel - if you've never seen her you should totally check her out, she does some absolutely amazing eye looks and uses a lot of indie brands.

On to the questions!




SKINCARE:
1. How many times do you wash your face daily?
-- Usually just once in the morning. I take my makeup off at night with a makeup remover, but I don't use cleanser after.

2. What skin type do you have(dry, oily, combo)?
-- Combo, leaning to oily. My forehead especially gets SUPER oily and it's a real struggle for me to not be shining like a dang spotlight by the end of the day.

3. What is your current facial wash?
-- Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Cleanser. I love this stuff!

4. Do you exfoliate?
-- I do! I use a Paula's Choice BHA 2% solution almost every day, and once a week I use a physical scrub.

5. What brand do you use?
-- Depends on what I have! I go through a lot of samples. I also have a rough silk exfoliating thingie that I got in a subscription box that works really well.

6. What moisturizer do you use?
-- Paula's Choice Skin Balancing - I have one for during the day with spf, and one for at night.

7. Do you have freckles?
-- Yes. It's taken me a long time to be okay with them but I'm getting there.

8. Do you use eye cream?
-- Not really. My moisturizer is meant for use all over, so that's good enough for me.

9. Do you or did you have acne prone skin?
-- I had a lot of acne flare ups when I was a teenager because I didn't know how to care for my skin. Before I started my current skincare regimen I had trouble with blackheads but (to toot the Paula's Choice horn again) those have pretty much all cleared up now.

10. Did you ever have to use Pro-activ?
-- Pro-activ wasn't around when I was a teenager, and I've never had acne severe enough to warrant it since then.

MAKE-UP
11. What foundation do you use?
-- It varies depending on how much coverage I want/need or what time of year it is. I use Too Faced's Cocoa Powder foundation when I'm extra oily, and I really love Urban Decay's Naked Skin powder foundation, though the color I have is just a hair too dark for me. Lately I've been using Tarte's BB tinted treatment cause it's very light coverage that stays in place really well.

12. How about concealer?
-- Urban Decay's Naked Skin Concealer. I don't use it a lot though.

13. Do you know your undertone color?
-- I'm pretty neutral, leaning just a bit warm, I think?

14. What do you think of fake lashes?
-- I think they are nice for taking pictures but I can't wear them on a day to day basis. Luckily I have been blessed with fairly long, thick lashes, so I don't feel like I need them much. Plus I wear glasses so... that would be uncomfortable.

15. Did you know that you are suppose to change your mascara every 3 months?
-- I know it but let's be real - who actually does that? I mean, if it's a cheap drugstore mascara or something I got in a subscription box I'll throw it out fairly soon after the three month mark, but my favorite mascara is not cheap and I gotta get more use out of it than that! Of course if the scent or texture changes in any way, I throw it out right then.

16. What brand of mascara do you use?
-- My current favorites are Charlotte Tilbury's Full Fat Lashes and Urban Decay's Perversion mascara. I like mascaras that give length and volume - my lashes already have a natural curl to them so I don't need the extra crispy hold mascaras, plus I hate the feeling of stiff lashes!

17. Sephora or MAC?
-- Sephora. Leaving aside the fact that MAC is not cruelty free, I'd rather shop in a place that has a wide variety of brands rather than just one.

18. What make-up tools do you use in make up application?\
-- I have brushes from a variety of companies (morphe is my current favorite), I use a beauty blender if I'm using a heaver coverage liquid foundation, and of course my most valuable tool is often my fingers!

19. Do you use make-up base/primer for the eyes?
-- I have to, I have very oily lids. I usually use Urban Decay's Primer Potion.

20. For the face?
-- Yes - I use Catrice's primer if i'm using a powder foundation as it's nicely sticky. The Tarte BB Tinted Treatment is actually also a primer so if I'm using that I don't use another primer.

21. What is your favorite eyeshadow?
-- That's like asking your favorite child. I can't even narrow it down to a top ten, let alone one!

22. Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner?
-- Both!

23. How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil?
-- Every dang time!

24. What do you think of pigment eyeshadows?
-- I love them, I love the colors, the innovation, and the versatility!

25. Do you use mineral make-up?
-- I don't avoid it, but I don't seek it out.

26. What is your favorite lipstick?
-- Again, favorite child. I can tell you my favorite lipstick yesterday was "Bad Blood" from the Urban Decay Matte Revolution line. The day before it was Colourpop's Satin Lips in "Echo Park". Today I think it's Ruffle Trim from Nyx's Lip Lingerie line.

27. How about lipgloss?
-- Senna Lip Lacquer in "Flash". OMG duochrome lip gloss.

28. What is your favorite blush to use?
-- NARS Orgasm.

29. Do you buy your make-up online?if so where?
-- Yup, I have a ton of websites I shop from - Sephora, Ulta, Beautylish, and of course all of the indie sites.

30. Do you like drugstore make-up?
-- I do! I feel like some drugstore brands (if they are cruelty free) have just as good quality products as some high end brands!

31. Did you ever consider taking make-up classes?
-- I've considered it but it's really expensive for something that is, ultimately, just a hobby. I would love love love to do it though! Especially fx makeup... ugggh I watch too much Face Off.

32. Are you clumsy in putting on make-up?
-- Haha yes. I don't have the world's steadiest hands. But, I have improved with practice!

33. Name a make-up crime that you hate?
-- I don't judge other people's makeup. Whatever you think is a "crime" someone else might think is the coolest thing ever.

34. Do you like colorful shades of make-up or neutral ones?
--Both! I tend to be drawn more to colorful shades, but I recognize the importance of a good quality neutral game.

35. Which celebrity always has great make-up?
-- Uh. Shrug?

36. If you had to leave the house and you only had time to put on one make-up item/product, what would you use?
-- A brow pencil. My hair is naturally an ash blond so even though I have pretty full brows, if I don't color them somehow they only look like half-brows.

37. Could you ever leave the house without any make-up on?
-- Could and do, all the time.

38. Do you think you look good even without any make-up on?
-- I don't think I look good even WITH makeup on, so... haha I'm kidding. Yes, I look fine without makeup.I don't tie wearing makeup to my self-esteem, I wear makeup because it's an avenue of self-expression for me.

39. In your opinion, what is the best make-up line?
-- Yeah, no. I could answer this if it was like, "What is the best makeup line for experimentation?" or "What is the best makeup line if you have more money than sense?" but I can't just pick an overall best makeup line.

40. What do you think of make-up?
-- I think it can be an amazing tool for self-expression, and it's a whole lot of fun!

And that's all of the questions, whew! Since this is a Tag I'm supposed to tag other people to answer these questions.. so I tag YOU! Yes you, reading this! Go for it and have fun!

As always, thanks for hanging out!

No comments:

Post a Comment