Connect!

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Glamour Doll Eyes OTM: February 2016

Hey there geekonistas!

Today I just wanted to show you a quick look at the Glamour Doll Eyes OTM from last month. Yes, I am still playing catch-up, but I should be caught up soon! (Hopefully before this month's makeup subs start arriving!) I had put away a lot of this subscription and gotten rid of packaging and everything so I'm afraid I won't have pictures of that, but I did create a look for you!



Glamour Doll Eyes is a cruelty-free, indie company that produces loose and pressed eye shadow pigments, blushes, and lip products. The OTM service costs $11.00 per month to the U.S., $18.00 per month to Canada, and $22.00 internationally (all of these prices include shipping), and includes at least one eye shadow, plus another product. There is a different theme to the OTM each month, and any extras can be purchased on the GDE site once all of the subscriptions have been mailed out. (Be warned though, they go fast!) To get the subscription, you must email the owner to get onto the waitlist. The waitlist lasts one year and is reset in January. (Which is how I managed to snag one!)

February's theme was "Mean Girls", and appropriately enough contained a surfeit of pink! There are two loose eyeshadow pigments, plus a highlighter/blush/lip topper from the guest indie, Brija Cosmetics. There was probably candy too but I think I ate it? NO REGRETS. As usual all loose pigments are swatched over Geek Chic Cosmetics' Power Up Primer.


The first loose pigment this month is called "Full of Secrets" and the information card describes it as "A pink based brown with a strong rose sparkle". I'm a sucker for rose colors so this is right up my alley and, no surprise, I love it.



The next pigment is called "Get in Loser" and it's described as "A light mauve with an intense amount of holographic sparkle". Intense is right! This is soooo sparkly!


Finally we have the highlighter from this month's guest indie. This is called "We Wear Pink" and it's a "light baby pink highlight with a magenta red sheen". I thought this one was just okay, it comes off a little chalky, in my opinion. It did make a really nice inner corner highlight though.

Left: Full intensity on bare skin          Right: Blended out on bare skin
 For the look using these products, I first primed my eye with Urban Decay's Primer Potion in Enigma. I then used "Peach Fuzz" from the Too Faced Sugar Pop palette as a base, and blended "Blackberry" from the same palette into the crease. You could really use any skin toned eye shadow for the base and any brown toned matte purple for the crease.


Next I used Nyx's Jumbo pencil in "Milk" just on my lid in order to create a base so the pinks would show up better. Any white cream eye shadow will do, or something pink like Nyx's "Strawberry Milk" if you really want the pinks to stand out. I then used a bit of Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxie (you can use any sticky base) on my lids. Over the sticky base I used "Full of Secrets" on a fluffy brush on the outer 1/3 of my lid, blending it up into "Blackberry" on the crease, and then packed "Get In Loser" with a flat paddle brush on the inner 2/3, blending it in to "Full of Secrets" to eliminate any harsh lines. I used "We Wear Pink" on a pencil brush to highlight then inner corner, then wet an angled brush and used that to foil "Full of Secrets" on the bottom lash line. I used Hourglass' 1.5 mm Mechanical Gel Liner to line both my tightline and waterline, and topped everything up with a touch of my favorite mascara and Darling Girl's Ka-BROW powder in "Mae" to fill in my brows.




For my face I used my usual Tarte BB Tinted Treatment as a foundation, set with Catrice's Prime and Fine Mattifying Powder. I then applied "We Wear Pink" as a highlighter on the tops of my cheekbones, bridge of my nose and on my chin, then applied Milani's Powder Blush in "Tea Rose" on my cheeks to tame that hightlight down a bit. For my lips I wanted a soft pink/purple so I used the "Lumiere" lippy stick from ColourPop, with a little bit of "We Wear Pink" patted gently into the center of the lips.





And that's the finished look! Sorry about the lighting, it's actually rainy here in the desert today (whaaaaaat?) but I wanted to make sure I got something out for the OTM before the next one came! The finished eye look is actually much sparklier in person.

So what did you think of February's OTM from Glamour Doll Eyes? I really loved "Full of Secrets", that's a color that is going to go into my rotation for sure!

As always, thanks for hanging out!


No comments:

Post a Comment