Connect!

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Lazy Sunday Bonus Post: The Blush Tag!

Hey there geekonistas! 

I had so much fun doing the 40 Questions tag during my "lazy Sunday" before that I wanted to do another tag again this week! This tag has been circulating around YouTube a lot lately - VintageorTacky, BaileyB, and Phyrra have all done videos on it recently so I thought I would join in the fun! 



The Blush Tag:


1. Best Packaging
I don't know if it's the packaging, exactly, but I love love love Too Faced's Love Flush blush. It's got adorable bunnies embossed on the inside!! The outside packaging is kinda crap though, unfortunately. For outside packaging I would have to say Urban Decay's Afterglow blush line, or the Gwen Stefani blush palette. I would say the Afterglow probably has the best combination of aesthetics and function - it has a window where you can see the blush color, it's sturdy enough to travel, and it just looks bad ass. 




2. Prettiest Color

Got to be Urban Decay's Afterglow Blush in Rapture. It's a little bit of a scary color in the pan, but applied with a light hand it's just so gorgeous! 

3. Most Pigmented 
I'd have to say the Milani Rose Blush in "Tea Rose". That sucker just has so much color in it! Other than that, any of my loose blush pigments from indie brands.  




4. Everyday Blush 
Just.. one? I guess if I HAD to pick it would probably be ColourPop's "Olive". Its a cool matte pink that brings just the right hint of color to my cheeks for a no-makeup makeup kind of look. 




5. Party Blush
I.. don't really differentiate between "everyday" and "fancy" blushes. I just use whatever I think matches the look. But, I guess if I was going somewhere where I really wanted to look elegant, I'd probably reach for Too Faced's Love Flush in "Your Love is King". This is a little one I got with the Too Faced "Melted Kisses and Sweet Cheeks" collection they released for the holidays.





6. Regret Purchasing 

I don't think I regret any of my blush purchases. I don't have a vast collection of blush like I do eye shadows, so maybe I just haven't bought enough to find a real dud yet. I do have a Nyx blush/bronzer combo that turned out to be way too dark for my skin tone so I guess I could say that one. At least it's Nyx so it wasn't expensive.




7. Least Used 

I found this Stila Custom Color Blush was I was looking through my blush drawer and oh my god why don't I use this?? It's so pretty! I can only imagine that I got it when I was first getting into makeup and I was scared off because it wasn't my usual pink. 




8. Most Used/ Would Never Let Go Of
Nars Orgasm - I use this blush almost every day - it's got such a pretty, natural look to it, even with the gold duochrome, that it goes with almost every look.




9. Favorite Blush Brand 

I do not have one. Each brand that I use has different things about it that I like, and even each shade within a brand can vary wildly. Some of the ones I use most often are Nars, Tarte, Too Faced, Urban Decay, and Milani.

10. Greatest Blush Discovery of the last year

I wouldn't say there is a particular blush that would be my greatest discovery... I'd say that would actually have to be the discovery that lots of colors look good on my skin besides dusty rose. Getting into peachy colors, especially!

11. Most Practical

I don't know that I really have an answer for this one. I guess any packaging that is sturdy, compact, and has a window in it so you can easily see which color you're grabbing. Stickers are okay, but sometimes they don't accurately reflect the color of the product inside, and can't if it's something like a duochrome or has a different color shimmer. I find packaging impractical when it is too bulky, gets messy easily (either by fingerprints or the product itself), or I can't see what color is inside. 

12. Least Practical 
Mmm probably the Gwen Stefani Palette? Only because it's so big though. It's not very portable. And the blushes tend to get all over the black part of the package, making it look messy.




13. Most Expensive 

Charlotte Tilbury's Cheek to Chic in "First Love", which was a whopping $40. Though it does include both blush and highlighter. 





14. Least Expensive

The Nyx powder blushes. Only $5.00 a pop, can't beat that!



And that's it for the blush tag! I had fun, and hope you did as well. If there are any other tags you'd like to see me do, feel free to let me know in the comments!


Til next time, thanks for hanging out!

No comments:

Post a Comment