Connect!

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Espionage Cosmetics: The Cenobite Collection

Hey there geekonistas!

I can't recall any horror movie monster that has held me as grotesquely fascinated as the Cenobites. Creepy, gory, and more than a little sexy, these creatures, lead by the iconic Pinhead, are released from Hell by a gateway in a puzzle box in order to drag innocent souls back down with them. Although I would warn against watching any "Hellraiser" movies that Clive Barker was not directly involved in (some of them get pretty silly) most of the series is perfect viewing for macabre thrills.



And that brings me to my review of Espionage Cosmetics' newest set of three loose pigments plus one glitter, "The Cenobite Collection". This collection is actually approved by Clive Barker himself, which is one thing I really appreciate about Espionage. They always get actual licenses for their products so the creators get a cut of the profits.

The collection comes packaged in a plastic tube with custom artwork and sells for $35.00. I can't even imagine how long it took them to get that model into that makeup. The final effect is really cool though! You can also buy the pigments individually for $9.00 each, along with a set of Clive Barker inspired nail wraps for $12.00. It is not limited edition, so you can enjoy the horror all year 'round.

As usual, all loose pigments (and glitter) are swatched over Geek Chic Cosmetics' Power Up Primer.


The first shadow in the collection is called "The Engineer" and it's described as an "alabaster white shadow with an opalescent interference." Its a white base with a blue-violet sheen to it, great for highlighting but will also really pop over a dark base. It reminds me a lot of the "Ice Angel" color from Sugarpill's Edward Scissorhands palette.



Next up we have "Pain & Pleasure". This is a medium orange shadow with a metallic gold sparkle.



And the last pigment in the collection is called "Schism". Schism is a gorgeous blackened blue shadow with a blue sheen. This is my favorite color in the collection!

My god, it's full of stars! 

And the last item altogether in the collection is "Leviathan". This is a ruby red cosmetic grade glitter. Unfortunately, my sifter in this jar was loose and I ended up with ruby red glitter all over my living room. My cats were not impressed. (But then, they never are). Ah, the trials of indie makeup.



Final Thoughts: Though small, this collection contains some pretty awesome colors for Halloween and beyond. I personally would have preferred another shadow to the glitter, but that's just me as I don't often wear pure glitter. Although Espionage prices their shadows a bit higher than other indie companies, it's because they are officially licensed, which makes me feel happy about purchasing from them. Their formula is good, with smooth application and rich pigments.

So what do you think? Are you going to pick up any of this collection? Who is your favorite Cenobite? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment