Connect!

Monday, October 19, 2015

Hello Waffle Cosmetics: Waffleween Collection

Hey there geekonistas!

I've... I've made a terrible mistake. There, I admitted it. My terrible, horrible, heartbreaking mistake? That I didn't order the full "Waffleween" collection while it was available. I foolishly only ordered the loose pigment set and skipped out on the lip colors entirely. I'll make it through but next year... next year I must be wiser.

The "Waffleween" collection is Hello Waffle Cosmetics Halloween collection. This collection IS limited edition and some of it is sold out already, but there are still a few colors you might be able to get your hands on!  This set is based on the owner's favorite "creepy stories". I don't recognize any of them (I'm so out of the loop on this sort of thing) so if some kind soul would like to educate me in the comments it would be most appreciated.

The set arrived in a a cute paper bag sealed with a grinning jack-o-lantern sticker that echoes the lid art on the jars.





There are five loose pigments in the set, all feature the same cool artwork on the lids. There were also the six lip colors available that I did not order. Foolishly.



Our first pigment from the collection is called "The Waltz" Its a deep burgundy color with a silver sheen and blue sparkles. The quote that goes along with this color on the Hello Waffle website is this - “He danced closer still, until I could make out his face. His eyes were open wide and wild, head tilted back slightly, looking off at the sky. His mouth formed a painfully wide cartoon of a smile.”  



Next up we have "Burlap Sack". "Burlap Sack" is a cream base with a gold sheen and green sparks. I feel like this could be used as a very intense highlighter on the face as well! Here is the "Burlap Sack" quote - “The one thing that always stuck out about all the footage is that on the few times that his face was shown, he was seen wearing what looked like a burlap sack tightly tied around his head with twine with two eye holes cut out.” 





The next color in the collection is this amazing dark purple with a copper sheen called "Photo Negative". It reminds me a lot of Fyrinnae's "Mephisto" or Notoriously Morbid's "The Grand Empress" but with a more red leaning base. Absolutely gorgeous. Here is the quote for it from Hello Waffles' website - “Hey” it said in a hushed, perverted, but perfectly executed Mickey Mouse voice, “Wanna see my head come off?” 


Next up we have my absolute favorite color in the collection and since I love this entire collection, that's saying a lot! This is "Static" and its a really pale pink  base with this gorgeous blue-green shift. The quote for "Static" is “And the camera would push in on Laughingstock’s face with each pause. YOU HAVE… TO GO… INSIDE. With his two eyes askew and that flopping foam jaw and the fishing line that opened and closed it.”




And the last color of the Waffleween loose pigments is this shade, named "Shapeshifter". This is a deep blackened green base with a green/gold sheen. "He said sometimes, it would stand up and kind of do this weird jittery thing, or heave like it was laughing. But then it would lay back down."


Final Thoughts: You all probably know by know how enthusiastic I get about Hello Waffle products. She always creates the highest quality pigments in sturdy jars with artwork I am proud to have as part of my collection, and this set is absolutely no exception.

Bonus: In case you were wondering why there is always cat hair all over everything in my pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment