Connect!

Saturday, October 17, 2015

FanMail Box: September 2015: Legends of the CW

Hey there geekonistas!

I finally got my Fanmail box from September (they were delayed in shipping due to a lost delivery) so I thought I would take a short break (just a short one!) from Halloween madness and share with you my box.

FanMail is a monthly subscription box "by lady geeks, for lady geeks". It contains geeky/nerdy items and accessories and is usually mailed out at the end of each month. Subscriptions can be purchased either month to month ($21.99 per box) as a 3 month prepay ($63.00 up front, which works out to $21.00 per box), 6 month prepay ($120.00 up front, $20.00 per box) or a 12 month prepay ($228.00 up front, $19.00 per box). A larger tshirt size (2xl-4xl) costs an additional $2.00 per month. These are "true" plus sizes though, not the juniors plus sizes a lot of boxes will try to pass of as plus size.

This month's theme is "Legends of the CW" and it contains items from not only the current CW shows, but also some past iterations of the CW like the WB and UPN. (If you are old enough to remember those. I know I'm not. Ahahahahahahahahahahahayesiam.)





This month, boxes with a purple sticker had an extra surprise. I just got the blue one though, so I have no idea what the surprise might be! There's a LOT of stuff packed into this month's box though, so I'm not too sad!



The first item I always pull out (but try not to look too closely at until I've checked out the other items in the box) is the information card. This month we have a cool illustration of Buffy from Buffy the Vampire Slayer on the front with a list of items in the box on the back and the usual cool list of shows and events this month. There's also a card advertising the specialty fan boxes Fanmail has going up for sale soon with a "Supernatural" print on the front.


 We have a tshirt again this month! Yay! Unfortunately... well... do I lose all my geek cred if I admit that I've never watched Supernatural? It seems like people really love it but... there's just so many seasons of it now and I have a hard enough time just keeping caught up on shows I'm currently watching. This is a nice tshirt though! Very soft, heavy weight cotton with a vibrant print in a cool retro color scheme.


Next up we have an item that I just really love. It's a coffee sleeve from the coffee shop on "The Flash", CC Jitters. It's one of those items that you can openly carry to proclaim your geekdom, but nobody but other geeks will get it. I love those.


The next items I'm going to kind of just lump together. They are just small, fun things that fit the theme. We have some stickers for CW shows, a toy army guy from Supernatural, some promo cards, and (I had to laugh when I saw these) some fake vampire teeth. I would be lying if I said I wasn't actually wearing them right now.






Next up.... guys, I can't even tell you how excited I am. Felicity Smoak is my fashion hero. I want to be like her when I grow up. So, when I saw the necklace we got this month was a replica of one of hers that she actually wears in the show "Arrow"? Well, there was much squeeing and flailing of arms.



Okay, calm down. Phew. The next item is a bust of Faith from Angel, the Buffy the Vampire Slayer spinoff. This is actually an ornament, and I will actually hang it on my tree. I don't know if everyone got the same one or if they are varied, the info card just says "Buffy the Vampire Slayer ornament", so everyone might receive something different.


And for the final item in the box we have another piece of jewelry! This is a silver necklace with a license plate and a pentacle on it, again from the show Supernatural. This is a cool piece but I doubt I will wear it, I don't want anyone to think I'm a Supernatural poser.



Final Thoughts: Despite the late shipping, I am super happy with this month's box! Some of the items may be from fandoms I am not involved in, but I do love all the others. I also know that there is a huge Supernatural fanbase out there, and I am sure that they would be over the moon with this month's box as well.

What do you think? Do you subscribe to Fanmail? What's your favorite CW show? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment