Connect!

Thursday, December 3, 2015

AFK Cosmetics : Round Table Collection - Part One

Hey there geekonistas!

On the third day of Blogmas, my true love gave to me.... some Knights that Say Ni! Ah, I'm so sorry. Not really though. Today I wanted to share with you the Round Table collection that I recent got from a new-to-me indie makeup company, AFK Cosmetics! AFK Cosmetics is a cruelty free (Leaping Bunny Certified!) makeup company that produces 100% vegan loose pigments, lip products, and primers based on various fandoms such as gaming, tv, movies, and more.

The Round Table collection is, of course, based on the famous Monty Python movie "Monty Python and the Holy Grail".  It features six loose eye shadow pigments, a loose blush, a loose highlighter, and two lip products. I bought the full size of everything because the cover art was just too cute to pass up! Unfortunately, it seems that this collection was limited edition, because I can't find it on the website anymore. Anyway, enough with the preamble, let's go to Camelot!

On second thought, let's not go to Camelot. 'Tis a silly place.



Part one of my review today features the loose blush, highlighter and two lip products. Come back tomorrow for part two, featuring the six loose eye shadow pigments and final thoughts.


Starting off we have "Witches are Made of Wood" a sheer, coppery gloss. I like the color and texture of this, plus it doesn't feel too sticky or gritty on the lips, as some glitter glosses do.

She turned me into a newt!
...I got better.

Next up is another gloss, "'Tis But A Scratch". This is an appropriately blood red gloss that looks more opaque in the tube than it actually is. The texture and application are both very nice, again not too sticky or too slippery.

A scratch?! Your arm's off!
What are you going to do, bleed on me?
The loose blush is an appropriately shimmering reddish purple called "Your Father Smelt of Elderberries". The swatch to the right is applied without blending, while the swatch on the left is blended out. Both are applied on bare skin. I just recently started playing with more purple toned blushes, so I'll be interested in seeing how well this can incorporate into a look!

I don't wanna talk to you no more you empty headed animal trough wiper!

Go away or I shall taunt you a second time!

And finally, we have the final item in today's review, a loose peachy-gold highlighter that I don't know the actual name of. It came without a bottom label, and as I said, the collection is no longer on the website. But, if I had to guess, it's probably something to do with the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch! Again the right swatch is full strength while the left is blended out. This highlighter is gorgeous!

Lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.
One... Two... Five!

And that's all for today! Don't forget to come back tomorrow for more Monty Python Madness and the rest of the review!





No comments:

Post a Comment