Connect!

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Blogmas Day Nine: Darling Girl Cosmetics' Operation Sparkle

Hey there geekonistas!

I've got something cool today! I just got my Pink Friday/Black Friday hauls in from Darling Girl Cosmetics and, aside from some shadows from the "Snow in Love" Collection (based on Edward Scissorhands) that I will be reviewing later, I got my limited edition "Operation Sparkle" tin set! I still haven't recovered from that mid-season finale, but I'll do my best to pull myself together to show you this set.




"Operation Sparkle" is the third set of makeup from Darling Girl based on a favorite abc series of mine, "Once Upon a Time". "Once Upon a Time" is so much fun to watch! It's got fairytale romance, drama, adventure, fashion, and some of the best beauty makeup on TV right now.  The products in this set are part of the permanent collection, but the tin is limited. There are still a few available as of writing this, so if you are interested you can still grab one!

This set includes three loose pigments and a "Darling Matte Balm", which is a new lip product from Darling Girl that I haven't yet tried. As always, the artwork is amazing!



For the first pigment in the collection we have "The Savior?" based on Emma Swan. This is a deep burgundy with a red shimmer that calls to mind one of  Emma's (many) leather jackets.


Next up we have "Snow", based, of course, on Snow White. This is a creamy pink shade with a gold shift.

 
And the final pigment is called "Charming", based on Prince Charming, or David, as he's better known. This is my favorite pigment in the collection : a pale tan matte base with a ton of green sparkle.


And finally, this is the "Darling Matte Balm" in "Truest Believer", who is of course Henry. I'm pretty impressed with this formula, it goes on smoothly with good opacity and a nice finish. The finish isn't super matte like a liquid to matte lip color, but rather a softer, more satiny matte, similar to Urban Decay's Matte Revolution lipsticks. This makes it more comfortable to wear, as well.


Final Thoughts: I enjoyed this collection a lot. I thought the shades were nice and the "Charming" shade especially was pretty unique. I was also very happy for a chance to try the new Matte Balms, and I will definitely be picking up a few more shades of those in the future!

What do you think of this collection? Tempted by any or all of the colors? Are you still crying from that midseason finale too? Let me know in the comments!

And thanks for hanging out!

No comments:

Post a Comment