Connect!

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Blogmas Day Twenty-Nine: December Favorites!

Hey there geekonistas!

Still trying to get my new light box set up (it's way bigger than I thought it would be!), so while I'm struggling with that and dumping things all over the floor, let's talk about some of my favorite items from this month! I was thinking about doing a "best of the year" but since I've only been blogging for the last half I thought I would save it for next year.

So let's get to it!



Favorite Palette: 

Anastasia Beverly Hills "Self Made" palette


It was a bit of a tough decision for me whether to include this one or not, since it was limited edition and is no longer available, but it is the palette I've been reaching for the most this month! The packaging is gorgeous and sturdy, and I love the mix of neutrals and bright shades. The quality of these shadows is pretty high as well. The only other eye shadow palette from Anastasia is the Maya Mia palette, which I mostly bought because I love Maya's YouTube channel so much.

Favorite Bath and Body Products:

Haus of Gloi Peppermint Cocoa Whipped Soap and Pumpkin Butter



I'm all about the foodie scents in the winter, and this one in particular hits all my buttons. It's a "Reverie" fragrance from Haus of Gloi, an indie bath and body company. The "Reverie" scents are neither seasonal releases or permanent, unless they turn out to be very popular - they are just random scents in random products that offered at random times. I love "Peppermint Cocoa" because it's very  powerfully scented and invigorating due to the fact that it contains actual peppermint oil, but that also means it's not recommended for use in "delicate" areas. I also adore the little green and red sprinkles in the soap, it feels so festive!

Favorite Subscription Box: 

Espionage Cosmetics BOOM Box 


This was a HARD decision this month! I got a lot of really awesome boxes and I loved them all. Espionage only won out by a hair because it featured both beauty and non-beauty items, plus I loved how they took all the beta testing feedback into account to improve their box! Runner Ups this month would be The 12 Days of Christmas Soap Box from Fortune Cookie Soap, Guard the Magic from Notoriously Morbid, The Fandom of the Month Club box, and of course the Narnia based Hello Waffle Visage. I think that's actually all the boxes I received this month, (except FanMail which is coming this week) but I can't help it - they were all so good!

Favorite Comic:

Patsy Walker, AKA Hellcat


This is a comic along the lines of The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl in it's lighthearted, humorous tone and focus on a young female superhero. I had a lot of fun reading it, although it's a little difficult to reconcile this version of Patsy Walker with the version that we all just saw in Jessica Jones. The art, the writing, and the color palette are all things of beauty in this book and I highly, highly recommend it.

Favorite Scent:

Clean Skin 


My husband has been wearing Clean Cotton T Shirt for ages, but I only just recently discovered the line of Clean scents for myself. I got this rollerball duo from Sephora of Skin and White Woods and ahhhhhhhhhhh I love Skin so much! I also may have picked up the set of five rollerballs from the Clean website and I'm having a ton of fun playing around with layering them. I love the simplicity of the scents and the, well... cleanness of them?

That's it for this month's favorites! What were your favorites for the month? Any recommendations for me? Let me know in the comments!

Thanks for hanging out!

No comments:

Post a Comment