Connect!

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Blogmas Day Thirteen: Hello Waffle Cosmetics Visage: December 2015

Hey there geekonistas!

And happy last night of Hanukkah! Wow, I almost didn't get this blog out at all today. I've been running around my kitchen all day, making candy for gifts and for the holiday party at work on Tuesday. I am exhausted! But not so exhausted that I couldn't play with this month's Visage from Hello Waffle!




Visage is a monthly subscription box service from Hello Waffle Cosmetics. It costs $25 a month, plus shipping, and includes a mix of full and sample size items for eyes, lips and face, including one product from a guest indie company. There is currently a wait list to subscribe, which you can join by emailing Hello Waffle. There are also often extras from previous Visages posted for purchase on the website, so if you like a particular color you can sometimes grab it even without a subscription!

This month the theme is "The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe" from the "Chronicles of Narnia" series of novels by C.S. Lewis. A perfect holiday fit! Included in the subscription is three full size loose eye shadow pigments (one by guest indie Shiro Cosmetics!), a halfling size loose eye shadow pigment, a halfling size loose blush, and a slimline lipstick. As usual, there is also a helpful sheet with information about the products on one side, and a summary of the story that inspired this month's theme on the back.


First up let's check out this lip color. It's called "In the Wardrobe" and its a gorgeous brown red. I actually just bought a lipstick in almost this exact color from Bite Beauty! I'll have to compare them both when it arrives and see which one I like better.



Next is the blush. This is a super intense orange-red called "From Before the Dawn of Time". On the right I have swatched it full strength, on the left is blended out. A little will go a long way with this saturated pigment!



The first loose eye shadow is called "Turned to Stone" and it's a really interesting grey/purple color with gold sparkles.

Blurred to Show Sparkle


The next color is called "The Lamppost" and oh my goodness. This is an amazing pale gold metallic. I don't feel like my pictures really even do this one justice. This eyeshadow came in a smaller size, I am assuming because she ran out of magic dust and unicorn horns to grind up for it.




Next up we have "The Rightful King" A lion's mane brown with gold and orange sparkles.

Blurred to show Sparkle
 And finally, the eye shadow from the guest indie this month, one of my favorite brands, Shiro Cosmetics! This color is called "Not a Tame Lion" and it's a tan base with a magical lilac shift.



Final Thoughts: I love getting the Visage every month, not just because of the high quality of the products and awesomeness of the themes and artwork, but also because each month feels like something completely different from the last.

What do you think of this month's Visage? Are you a fan of the Chronicles of Narnia? Let me know in the comments!

And as always, thanks for hanging out!

PS- I just noticed, this is my 50th published blog post! Woo!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations hon!!!! I love reading your reviews! I totally agree with you that this subscription is Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your support! I'm totally in love with the Visage, it was well worth the wait to get in. :)

      Delete