Connect!

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Blogmas Day Eight: An Advent Calendar and the Best Cheap Palette Ever

Hey there geekonistas!

I got a very special package in the mail yesterday! It's my Fortune Cookie Soap "Nightmare Before Christmas" Advent Calendar! Woohoo! This is my first year getting one, but from what I gather, Fortune Cookie Soap does one of these every year. It's a box that contains a mix of full and sample size mystery products, all in their super popular "Nightmare Before Christmas" inspired scents. Each item is individually wrapped with a tag on it showing the date you are supposed to open it. Unfortunately, this box is sold out, but I thought it would be cool if we could open mine together! So, starting on December 14th I'll put aside my impatience to tear off all the wrapping paper at once and open one product per day and post it here. Sound like a plan? Yes! I thought so.




But that's all in the future. Today, I wanted to talk about the best cheap eye shadow palette I have ever owned, the Wet n' Wild Color Icon palette in "Comfort Zone".


I can't actually take the credit for finding it, of course, I have heard this palette talked about on YouTube and Tumblr, but I always thought people were kind of overselling it - you know, they were saying it was great quality- for a five dollar palette. Well, I was in Target the other day and I saw this palette and thought... what the heck, Wet n' Wild is a cruelty free brand, so I'll give it a try.


Wow. Seriously though. As soon as I started playing with this palette I realized that people were not, in fact, over selling it. It has the pigmentation, texture, and blendability  that I would expect from a fifty dollar palette, not a five dollar one. And how gorgeous are these colors? And a duochrome!

Left Side:   Definer  --  Crease  --  Eyelid  --  Browbone

Right Side:  Definer  --  Crease  --  Eyelid  --  Browbone

The wear time on these is also great! I wore a look using the left side of the palette yesterday and it still looked perfect at the end of the day. I used a primer, 'cause I have the world's oiliest eyelids and I always use a primer, but even so, a lot of eye shadows start to crease on me after a while. Not these!

The only nitpick I have is that the "Browbone" color on the left side of the palette isn't that great. But seriously, that's a ridiculously tiny flaw for a palette this good.

Anyway, I highly recommend picking this palette up. I'm pretty sure you can find it wherever they sell Wet n' Wild makeup, such as Target, Wal-mart or most drug stores.

Thanks for hanging out!

No comments:

Post a Comment